Doping

penguin

22 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

What the hell crap excuse is the meat thing? Is all our meat laced with steroids?! 

When Bolt raced in Beijing Olympics I think it was, he was advised to only eat at McDonalds because that was one of only foods they knew what was in it

• 1 year later...
3 hours ago, Zatman said:

Interesting the first person they mention, **** should have been kicked out of football for good

This is really interesting.

I was wondering how is it possible that Bielsas teams always have running metrics of the charts.

It can't be down to the players as he always replicates it at all clubs he manages. Is it just down to his training methods? Surely he is around for long enough now for other teams and coaches to be able to replicate the methods he is using.

Obviously it's just pure speculation on my part, but it always puzzled me.

https://twitter.com/peterrutzler/status/1395635374236569602?s=21

image.thumb.png.4ee77b62b15655e3dcfc3ac74cf4714a.png

Edited by Czarnikjak

• 1 month later...

Nice to see NIKE  and Alberto Salazar back in the news. Another proud moment.

Lovely stuff that the USA/NIKE and Oregon were awarded the 2022 (2021) Athletics World Championships despite massive evidence of industrial levels of doping and no doubt bribes from NIKE.

If Russia are banned then so should the US

Former track prodigy sues Nike and her ex-coach Alberto Salazar for $20 million

A former rising track star is suing Nike and her ex-coach for $20 million, saying she suffered emotional abuse at an elite training program.

Mary Cain filed the lawsuit in Oregon on Monday against the athletic apparel company and Alberto Salazar, who ran the Nike Oregon Project until he was suspended for doping offenses and the program was shut down.
Starting in 2012, Cain participated in the program at Nike headquarters, which was designed to improve the fortunes of American distance runners in international competitions.

She was 16 years old at the time she informally joined the team. The next year, she accepted an endorsement contract with Nike as a professional runner for the Nike Oregon Project.
The lawsuit claims that, as head coach, Salazar "acted with knowledge that severe emotional distress was certain or substantially certain to result from his conduct."
In particular, the complaint states, "Salazar told her that she was too fat and that her breasts and bottom were too big."
Cain's attorneys also allege that "Salazar and other Nike employees often made sexist and objectifying comments about female athletes, focusing on their appearance and weight, while they did not make similar comments to or regarding male athletes."
Cain says in the lawsuit that she was put on a diet that left her so hungry, she secretly stole food from her teammates which she ate in the bathroom.
The complaint says Salazar publicly berated her about her weight even after she won the 3,000 meters junior world championship in 2014, a first for an American woman, according to the suit.
The lawsuit also says Salazar was aware that Cain was developing an eating disorder and had deliberately cut herself, but he allegedly did nothing and ridiculed Cain for having panic attacks.

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/10/13/sport/mary-cain-sues-alberto-salazar-nike/index.html

On 25/08/2021 at 12:42, NoelVilla said:

It still goes on in some form I think. 

I'd say its absolutely rampant. Basically no footballer ever tests positive, you'd be a fool to assume that means it's all clean. Just the opposite. No look policy firmly in place and it suits everyone to dope up players. 

• Like 4

This has allegedly been hidden underground for a while. I mean most top flight footballers like a sniff and blatantly take enhancing drugs. Premier league probably dish out slaps on the wrist now and again, but will never let it out in the public. Imagine the media, best league in the world, yeah no wonder.

Remember the Barcelona golden era, the pace they used to play at, work it out guys.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

This has allegedly been hidden underground for a while. I mean most top flight footballers like a sniff and blatantly take enhancing drugs. Premier league probably dish out slaps on the wrist now and again, but will never let it out in the public. Imagine the media, best league in the world, yeah no wonder.

Remember the Barcelona golden era, the pace they used to play at, work it out guys.

Recreational drugs they ban you but dont announce it. Daryl Murphy is the only player to announce this. A few players have had mystery injuries that have speculated for drugs even a certain ex Villa player

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 15/10/2021 at 15:45, villa89 said:

The PGA Tour approach, you don't get a drugs ban you get an "injury" .

I see injuries in every game.All you have to do is look at them and they are rolling about on the pitch in agony.

8 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

It'll all come out in a huge scandal sooner or later.

I imagine most top level sport has a massive drugs problem. Football is no exception

Thing is it won't be a scandal. People will just accept that to have sports people in top level shape so often you have to dope them to keep them fit. It's not the old fashioned steroids like ben johnson, its HGH and crazy named drugs that can be fobbed off as medicinal. 

Â