Favourite Villa Pics

dont_do_it_doug.

All apart from one in the suit...

From top left, Gallagher, Evans, Andy Gray, McInally, Stuart Gray

Gage, Thompson, Platt, Daley, Aspinall, Lillis

Swindon away, happy days, repeat this year would be nice, was waiting on pitch to hear Boro result, tried to get Aspinall's shirt but gave me his shorts instead.

• Like 1

On 17 March 2016 at 20:40, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Well I've nicked it. It's one of the best photos I've ever seen. But then I am biased, particularly when it comes to 92/93 Villa.

Cant see it on my web, any chance of a repost pls?

7 minutes ago, villan_down_under said:

Swindon away, happy days, repeat this year would be nice, was waiting on pitch to hear Boro result, tried to get Aspinall's shirt but gave me his shorts instead.

88-89?

• Like 1

That's me on the middle right (permed hair) on my mates shoulders at Highbury in 1982 when we last won the league, Reverse image as well.

Aston-Villa-win-League-Champions-Cup--May-1981Crowds-celebrate-in-stands.jpg

Edited by tismyk
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, thunderball said:

Funny, i cant recall Lillis in a villa shirt! Stuart Gray and Platty look so young, but Tony D doesnt, despite it must have been his first season?

Mark Lillis was very much a squad player but did a job, from recollection he was somewhat maligned. Tony Daley had already been in and around the first team for 2/3 years.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, villan_down_under said:

Have tony daleys boot from that game. Me being a good boy (17) in the away end, my brothers raiding the pitch from the home end. Have a picture from the mercury. If I can work out how to scan it I will. 

Going back to that pic, I see similarities between now and and the last time we got promoted I.e complete squad overhaul, but the difference this time is a new, better (hopefully) and enthusiatic owner - but that's for another thread.

Â