Pre-Match Thread

John

It's one of the more 'winnable' games we have left so who knows. I'm feeling a little optimistic of some points but wouldn't be surprised if we get none.

Club OS posted pictures of training today.  In two of them Sanchez and Gana are trying to muscle each other off the ball.  

The last shows Richards (?) trying to thumb a ride out of the club.

I like the one of Gestede with the ball at his feet, looking down at it in some puzzlement.

"Now what was it they told me to do with this?"

• Like 1

6 hours ago, briny_ear said:

Shame Andre Ayew is injured. The main interest for me in this game was the possibility of a sibling fight on the pitch.

Just curious, you say this was your main interest - does this mean you have discovered something else, ( however slight) interesting about the game ? 

6 hours ago, briny_ear said:

Shame Andre Ayew is injured. The main interest for me in this game was the possibility of a sibling fight on the pitch.

I don't know. If Jordan puts in the kind of effort he did last week then Andre will still have more influence on the pitch than his brother.

I hope we get to see this man on the pitch today:

380x450_fitbox-c13003012_richardson_h.jp

Villa fans will spend hours playing with this uniquely crafted Aston Villa Soccerstarz figure of Kieran Richardson.

Seriously though. Why do they make a figure of Kieron Richardson? Who is going to buy that?

Edited by Pilchard

Call me mad, but I actually think we may get something from the game today!  Need to start well and on the front foot though to get some confidence back:

--------------------Guzan--------------------

Hutton-----Okore--------Lescott-----Cissokho 

--------------------Gana---------------------

-------Bacuna-------------Westwood---------

-----Ayew------Gestede------Sinclair--------

On the break with Ayew and Sinclair (former club, so hope he would want to impress) we could trouble them possibly?  Can't be bothered to do a bench.  Am going to say 1-1 here, but have to start well and keep it going for the whole game.

Just curious, you say this was your main interest - does this mean you have discovered something else, ( however slight) interesting about the game ? 

Well, the macabre fascination of just how many goals we will let in and how soon it will start happening has a small pull.

• Like 1