Pre-Match Thread

John

Our next game and sadly I anticipate our next defeat will be at Swansea on Saturday 19th March at 17.30. This has been described as a "must, must win" game for Swansea who have double the points that we do with one to spare. They are 8 points clear of the relegation zone and a win against us would take them to 36 points with another 7 games to go after that so it would be as difficult to see them going down from that position. I guess this is considered a "must, must win" game for them because they see it as the easiest game they have left which no doubt is the case for every other club we will face in our remaining games. How I would like us to burst their bubble!

We have lost our last four games against Swansea and last beat them away from home in 1971 when we were both in the old Division 3. We have gone six away games against them without a win. We have not won away since the first day of this awful season. Everything points to them getting a comfortable win. Can anyone see them not winning by a minimum of two goals on Saturday?   

4 hours ago, Grasshopper said:

I would try this

Guzan

Lyden Okore Clark Ally

Sanchez Gana

Gil         Veretout       Ayew

Gestede

I like it but would rather put Lyden for Sanchez (still hurt) and Green for Gil. Richards can play right back. 

• Like 1

Lifelong Villian living down here in Swansea,can tell you that the Swans are not taking Saturday's game lightly,they know that one more win will probably see them safe for another season and are approaching the game accordingly. In Siggerson they probably have the best support striker in the PL at the moment and if he's not carefully watched he can easily get a couple of goals himself he's in that kind of form,Andre Ayew will not play as he is injured,other that that they have a fully fit squad,which now includes the lightening quick winger Mo Barrow who scored his first PL goal last Saturday. All in all a tough game lets hope we can put up a good performance.

5 hours ago, Czechlad said:

I like it but would rather put Lyden for Sanchez (still hurt) and Green for Gil. Richards can play right back. 

I'd sooner play Hutton with Richards strapped to his back than play Richards at right back. Richards is the worst defender at the club.

On 15/03/2016 at 22:00, OutByEaster? said:

I'd sooner play Hutton with Richards strapped to his back than play Richards at right back. Richards is the worst defender at the club.

I'd sooner we play without a right back at all instead of richards. 

Never seen anyone as bad as him...and i saw bernie gallagher play! :D

3 hours ago, Raver50032 said:

Another bumming live and exclusive on Sky Sports... they've seemed hell bent on humiliating us on TV so much over the last few seasons.

TBF, we haven't made it difficult.

• Like 2

Swansea will be safe for another season come Saturday evening. I cannot see our lot managing to upset Swansea and keep them in the mix. 2-0 to Swansea, with our ever obliging defence gifting them at least one of the goals.