Next Manager/ Season

OneNightInRotterdam

10 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

If burnley had not been promoted then hell yes, but unrealistic at this stage

He might not get choice. "Either manage villa on £1.5m a year contract - or I will have you shot".

• Like 1

1 minute ago, IwishIwasalivein1982 said:

I think they're considering their options from a shortlist that includes RDM. Didn't mention who the others were though.

Sounds like there's a shortlist of 5.  Pearson is mentioned in the Guardian, I guess Moyes is another.  Then perhaps Flores and one other?  I doubt he'd have talked to anyone who is secure in their job at the mo like Dyche.

18 minutes ago, IwishIwasalivein1982 said:

I think they're considering their options from a shortlist that includes RDM. Didn't mention who the others were though.

To be fair, one the the Chinese have down is giving nothing away.

1 minute ago, Mantis said:

Really hope it's not Pearson. Would be a bit deflating with all this takeover optimism to have Nigel **** Pearson unveiled as our new manager.

I feel the same way about RDM. We all see it differently - right now I don't think it will be either of those. 

Based on nothing at all, I think Moyes and Rodgers are back in the frame. Why does he mention budget ? - is he try to tempt someone who we thought was out of our reach ?

I quite like Roberto Martinez, did an excellent job with Wigan and with a shoe string budget at the time. His tenure at Everton wasn't the greatest, but I think he would be a good fit for us.

I'm absolutely against Brendan Rodgers, can't stand that guy and his "character".

Just now, 007√ said:

I quite like Roberto Martinez, did an excellent job with Wigan and with a shoe string budget at the time. His tenure at Everton wasn't the greatest, but I think he would be a good fit for us.

I'm absolutely against Brendan Rodgers, can't stand that guy and his "character".

Bizzarre - I sorta bracket those as two of a kind.....

47 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

If burnley had not been promoted then hell yes, but unrealistic at this stage

Money talks though, Dr Tone wants top 3 in the world, Burnley will lose Dyche sooner or later so question is, could he turn this opportunity down - could be our SAF - all about the timing. It's 50/50.

1 minute ago, hippo said:

Bizzarre - I sorta bracket those as two of a kind.....

The things they say are quite similar, since they talk out of their arse. Rodgers would waste our transfer budget on more mediocre players and continue to justify their "character".

I think Rodgers will take the Celtic job though.

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Martinez cannot organise  a defence to save his life, imagine him with this current bunch we would have to score 6 goals a game to potentially win a game

Neither can Rodgers if you want to argue that point! Lost that title race with Liverpool in 13/14 season because of his defense incompetence.  

• Like 1