Next Manager/ Season

OneNightInRotterdam

I still can't believe that a man who put his hands around an opposition players neck during a match last season is the current favourite to get the job.

[emoji58][emoji58]

14 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

I still can't believe that a man who put his hands around an opposition players neck during a match last season is the current favourite to get the job.

emoji58.pngemoji58.png

What about the man who put his hands around one of OUR players necks?;)

17 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

emoji58.pngemoji58.png

If the best this new look board can do is Pearson, then we really are in trouble next season. 

He clearly has an issue managing his emotions under pressure and we can't afford to take the risk. He might be a half decent manager, but he's a wrong 'un. If Hollis & co are doing their jobs properly, they will steer well clear. 

• Like 2

Its time to get someone in now.

I really, really want Moyes, I'm convinced he would establish us where we want to be. But I'm not sure he'd want us, we're a big project and he doesn't have that much to prove.

Pearson would be acceptable. He's got enough experience but he loses his head in public which I really don't like. If I lose respect for him because of it, the players will too.

Anyone else worries me.

1 hour ago, Xela said:

I wish he'd put his hands around our current players necks.. and not let go

This! We needed this nutta when we got Garde in. I'd argue we still need him. Apart from a few additions that is his Leicester team. They continued what he started at the end of last season. 

I think a bigger problem would be can he work with this shambles of a club?

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

Seriously dies anyone give a shit who the next manager is? Does it make a difference as long as that useless word removed of an owner is still setting the strategy ? 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Still worried Pearson would quickly lose the dressing room. Dyche's the man for our season in the Championship.

The same Dyche that would have no reason to leave Premier League bound Burnley and seems like a well backed and loyal manager? 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3543808/Aston-Villa-set-turn-David-Moyes-man-lead-Premier-League-Scot-promised-big-funds.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

David Moyes is the man Aston Villa want to lead them back to glory after the end of their 28-year run in the top flight was confirmed at Old Trafford.

Moyes has been promised significant funds to take the Midlands club back up at the first attempt having seen the experiments of relatively inexperienced managers Tim Sherwood and Remi Garde backfire.

Owner Randy Lerner and his new-look board still have a lot of persuading to do before Moyes decides to make Villa his fifth club after spells with Preston North End, Everton, Manchester United and Real Sociedad

After spending 15 years in the Premier League and La Liga, the Scot is keeping an open mind until he sees what other options are available this summer. It means Villa are also having to look at other candidates.

Ipswich Town manager Mick McCarthy has received recommendations for his know-how and what he has achieved without spending power at Portman Road and ex-Leicester City manager Nigel Pearson has also been heavily linked.

Interim manager Eric Black oversaw their defeat at Old Trafford and urged: ‘The rebuild has to start now.’

The club are bottom of the table with only 16 points from 34 games and fans chanted at Old Trafford: ‘We want our Villa back’.

Black said: ‘It is a sad dressing room. It is devastating. We have to get this club back to where people suggest it should be, in the Premier League.’ Only a handful of Villa players applauded their supporters at the end and relations between the two have been strained for months.

Black said he sympathised with the fans but commended his players’ efforts against United.

‘I have been stunned by the supporters. We had 32,000 people at Villa Park last week. For them to turn out in the numbers like that, I am humbled. I told the players to applaud the fans. I don’t think anyone could point any fingers at the players for their willingness to work today.’

2 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

well since Lerner hasnt even told the board what he is going to do about funds I am calling bollocks on this one

Or maybe the Mirror one is the bollocks story?

I'm taking both with a pinch of salt.