Next Manager/ Season

OneNightInRotterdam

3 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

How do you know we have overlooked him? suppose he does not want us?

Who do you want, and what were you expecting based on where we are at? (Genuine question)

Going by reports in the media which suggest Moyes is interested and other reports suggesting Pearson is the frontrunner.

I want us to appoint the best manager available. Someone who can get us promoted but also someone who is likely to be a success in the premier league. Hiddink, Allardyce, Bielsa, Pulis, Moyes, Laudrup, Guidolin or someone completely new. 

Ina way i feel sorry for pearson,already the fanbase are against him and he hasnt evebn been appointed!  if he is appointed as much as i dont want or like him i will give him every opportunity to win me over.

If they are actually choosing him iver moyes then that is utterly ridiculous. I woukd assume moyes isn't interested if this is the case

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Ina way i feel sorry for pearson,already the fanbase are against him and he hasnt evebn been appointed!  if he is appointed as much as i dont want or like him i will give him every opportunity to win me over.

If they are actually choosing him iver moyes then that is utterly ridiculous. I woukd assume moyes isn't interested if this is the case

I don't think the fan base is already against him...the majority of people i speak to want him.over moyes...myself included.

If we would have somehow managed to stay up this season then i think moyes may well have been the right choice...we haven't, & i think pearson is the right man to turn it around. Moyes hasn't managed in the championship for over 10 years....pearson is current, & he knows what & who is needed to get out of it.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, AshVilla said:

i feel there are other candidates up for that task with far greater potential as managers such as Rowett or Grayson

I look forward to seeing us play with PASHUN next season

I must have missed those two gaining promotion from the Championship while managing their clubs

Pearson would be a great appointment. Has the experience we need down there.

Just cannot understand those opposing him, ridiculous.

He'll be fighting a losing battle from the get go with our bunch of players so its vital we get behind him and the team he puts together

35 minutes ago, RimmyJimmer said:

I don't think the fan base is already against him...the majority of people i speak to want him.over moyes...myself included.

If we would have somehow managed to stay up this season then i think moyes may well have been the right choice...we haven't, & i think pearson is the right man to turn it around. Moyes hasn't managed in the championship for over 10 years....pearson is current, & he knows what & who is needed to get out of it.

I hope so. he should be given a chance to be honest like any appointment. For me he is a better appointment than fistface or mccarthy. He does seem like a loose cannon though so again this could end badly if this is the case.

Still would prefer Moyes, Rowett or Hughton over Pearson though in that order

16 minutes ago, Rodders said:

what a thoroughly, fundamentally depressing news report to wake up to. **** board. **** stupid board. If this is true. Jesus Christ. Nigel **** Pearson

giphy.gif

Considering we appointed a bloke who hadn't managed for 4 years and was a tv pundit for canal+ last time round I'd say it's a vast improvement

• Like 1

I think whoever we appoint - there will always be a load of disapproving coments:-

• Moyes - On his way down - last managed in the championship over 14 years ago - never got a promotion
  • Bruce - Dour and hasn't got promoted with a reasonable squad of players at Hull
  • Grayson - Struggles when above league one 

Personally I would like Moyes to come, sell all our players for big fee's - and rebuild the squad from scratch - but thats easier said than done, a lot of these players will be difficult to shift - so perhaps we need someone with this in mind.

To me the only real drawback of Pearson - is we do't get his assistants. But like I say no manager we can realistically get will come with a completely untainted CV. If its Pearson so be it - Personally I think the media maybe jumping the gun and this may have a while to run. But I don't think Pearson has significantly more flaws than any of the other leading candidates.

Edited by hippo
  • Like 3

Well, Moyes, Bruce, Dyche et al aren't complete embarrassments in the press room or aggressive morons on the touchline / training ground either. That's not a minor flaw, for me anyway. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rodders said:

Well, Moyes, Bruce, Dyche et al aren't complete embarrassments in the press room or aggressive morons on the touchline / training ground either. That's not a minor flaw, for me anyway. 

Well common view is that Remi was great in press conferences. Depends what your priorities are I suppose.

If your old enough remember how the press\Media  portrayed Bobby Robson, and even our own Graham Taylor.

If he (or any other villa manager) gets up playing well and scoring goals - he can do what he likes in press conferences.