Next Manager/ Season

OneNightInRotterdam

16 minutes ago, babyblue said:

Our head scout is Steve Walsh, yes they would have been recommended by him and the scouting team he set up. But he's still here, Arsenal just got an analyst. Pearson put him in place, he followed him to Hull and back. He's Pearson's man.... as I said in my very first post, you would need to get him as well. That for me is the biggest issue, if you can't get Walsh from us, then I wouldn't take Pearson. He's only proven in that team framework.

Our system uses stats, but it's still heavily built around watching people in person as well. The stats are just part of it, Walsh is very much the man with the eye. It's well documented he went to watch another player and spotted Mahrez. Anyway I digress, it's a department setup by Pearson and Walsh. 

Ah, well cheers for the insight. That's the most positive thing I've ever read about Pearson. Although, I assume it's probably unlikely the head scout would follow Pearson again, given where Leicester are now.

4 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Agreed, but the former is less across most a season likely I'd argue.

That doesn't matter. You're asking him to repeat the results, not necessarily in the same order. 

5 minutes ago, a m ole said:

You're right, but it also works the other way round.

Sure. But my point is this is a poor argument for discrediting Pearson. There may be other, better, arguments for discrediting him, but this isn't a good one. 

4 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Fair points ! Good luck with the rest of your season ! It's good to have a reasoned debate with a fan from another club. Credit to you 

Cheers, whatever happens I hope you make the right choice.

As I said earlier, I think Rowett would be a good choice. I think he's done a brilliant job next door to you, and it's not the first place he has either. Someone will take the plunge on him sooner or later.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Isa said:

Ah, well cheers for the insight. That's the most positive thing I've ever read about Pearson. Although, I assume it's probably unlikely the head scout would follow Pearson again, given where Leicester are now.

It's rumoured we're offering a new contract and they are set to sign, with the possibility of champions league football you'd have to think he'd want to give that a shot. So at the moment it looks unlikely, but they were a loyal group. Turning around a club of your size would appeal to many people, so you never know really.

Walsh is worth his weight in gold, how much would Drinkwater, Kante, Vardy, Mahrez, Albrighton (sorry) and Fuchs be worth now. All signed for £8m (£5.6m of which for Kante). Amazing.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, babyblue said:

Cheers, whatever happens I hope you make the right choice.

As I said earlier, I think Rowett would be a good choice. I think he's done a brilliant job next door to you, and it's not the first place he has either. Someone will take the plunge on him sooner or later.

I was leaning towards wanting Spurs to win it in a sour, bitter & selfish point of view but after reading your well reasoned passionate posts I've got over my bitterness and I am well and truly in your corner and hope you go all the way! Again credit to you. 

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Up until the Liverpool game this year there were plenty of games that we were "in".

It means **** all if you end up losing them all.

Okay, so let's play a game of 'alternative histories'. Instead of being thrashed by Liverpool, the improvement that you and I both agree we saw continued and we won that game. Let's say we then went on to win most of the remaining games this season, and finished the season in 14th with 45 points. Would you say that Garde was still a disaster, because we had done appallingly over the first 60% of his tenure, or would you say he had done well?

2 hours ago, thabucks said:

I'm praying for Hull to go up and Middlesbrough not to so Bruce stays, Karanka leaves and Pearson goes to Middlesborough and then potentially we get Karanka. Please imaginary man in the sky make it happen. 

so we would sign the biggest failure of the 3 :huh:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Villastine said:

I'd settle for Mick McCarthy for on a 2 year deal.

He has what it takes to get us promoted.

It would be a short term appointment. I'd have no loyalty. If he gets us promoted I'd sack him there and then!

We would then need him again to get us promoted once he gets us relegated. A never ending Mick McCarthy cycle. 

• Like 1

Bruce, Hughton and Rowett will all be bad choice because of their previous connections as 1st drop in performances the fans will jump straight on their back and similar McLeish headlines will write themselves 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Okay, so let's play a game of 'alternative histories'. Instead of being thrashed by Liverpool, the improvement that you and I both agree we saw continued and we won that game. Let's say we then went on to win most of the remaining games this season, and finished the season in 14th with 45 points. Would you say that Garde was still a disaster, because we had done appallingly over the first 60% of his tenure, or would you say he had done well?

I think he would have done well. And that would be a greater achievement than Pearson at leicester for a number of reasons, but that's irrelevant.

But "done well" is exactly what I said about Pearson.

What I have also said is he didn't do well enough to justify us wanting to have a psychopath and all round arsehole at the club.

There are plenty of other managers out there who have done as well or comfortably better than pearson who wouldn't add to the toxic atmosphere at the club.

Edited by Stevo985

4 hours ago, mykeyb said:

So does going foreign guarantee something that British managers cannot?

Of course not, but specifically going after a British manager is limiting our options.

That said, British managers do have a tendency to be quite regressive in terms of style and management.

3 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Of course not, but specifically going after a British manager is limiting our options.

That said, British managers do have a tendency to be quite regressive in terms of style and management.

unlike say Remi Garde?

2 minutes ago, Mantis said:

I don't agree that nationality has anything at all to do with it.

Nigel Pearson is however regressive in terms of style and management. 

Employing him without Walsh, would be a infinitely worse version of Clough without Taylor.

2 hours ago, RimmyJimmer said:

They stayed up in there first season back and had been playing well all season

No they hadn't, they were getting beaten pillar to post until a miracle run at the end of season.

3 minutes ago, villa89 said:

No they hadn't, they were getting beaten pillar to post until a miracle run at the end of season.

The season in which they finished 14th you mean?

You do realise that seasons are played over 38 games, right?