The now-enacted will of (some of) the people

blandy

20 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

What does he think would happen even if he were to win such a court ruling?

In his mind? I guess we'd be judged to have "legally" left the EU. We could then get to work cutting all standards and rights for peasants back to the time of Dickens, send our army and navy off to recolonise Africa and India, kick out anyone with a vaguely tanned complexion and last but by no means least, we'd all have our country, fish and blue passports back.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

What does he think would happen even if he were to win such a court ruling?

I may have (OK definitely have) mentiuoned this a few times before, but it's not like we're remotely ready legally to leave with no deal,  whether that date was 29 March, 12th April or (probably not even June 30th). All the various statutory and other legislation to make us ready to leave hasn't (by a distance) been completed. There's also the statutory Instruments that haven't been passed. 

Laws covering Trade, Agriculture, Immigrarion, Fishing bills, the EU withdrawal agreement bill, Animal Welfare, Environment and Governance  - all not completed, and some barely started. And that's just the "laws" part. There's also all the practical stuff, almost none of which is completed, and that's the case for both Government and Industry.

recent graphics here

Brexit bill tracker 01 04 19.png

no-deal-mosaic-201218.png

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, blandy said:

I may have (OK definitely have) mentiuoned this a few times before, but it's not like we're remotely ready legally to leave with no deal,  whether that date was 29 March, 12th April or (probably not even June 30th). All the various statutory and other legislation to make us ready to leave hasn't (by a distance) been completed. There's also the statutory Instruments that haven't been passed. 

Laws covering Trade, Agriculture, Immigrarion, Fishing bills, the EU withdrawal agreement bill, Animal Welfare, Environment and Governance  - all not completed, and some barely started. And that's just the "laws" part. There's also all the practical stuff, almost none of which is completed, and that's the case for both Government and Industry.

recent graphics here

Brexit bill tracker 01 04 19.png

no-deal-mosaic-201218.png

All that makes the frothing head bangers who are wetting themselves to sleep because we haven't already left even more difficult to understand. Surely as MPs they know this stuff and are being told it by their aides at the very least. 

1 - They do know it and don't accept it as a problem. - Surely this should count as insane enough logic to keep them a minimum of 100 yards from any kind of levers of government of a 70 million people nation. 

2 - They don't know it and refuse to be told about it. - Surely this should count as insane enough logic to keep them a minimum of 100 yards from any kind of levers of government of a 70 million people nation. 

3 - They do know it, realise it is a problem and just want to talk bollocks because it applies pressure to the PM to do what they want, whilst simultaneously whipping up the true believer leavers into themes of treachery and national betrayal.  ...........Weeps for ever into a cup of despair. 

• Like 1

This whole thing is so humiliating. Having to call emergency summits where political decisions are being imposed on us by other countries, purely because we're all being held hostage by the Tory party.

Meanwhile you've got the pathetic sight of May going in there, still spouting meaningless phrases and pretending we'll be leaving by June 30th. 

It said on t'radio earlier that the British delegation eats separately from the other countries and previously, May has asked for a different menu from that the other leaders are having.

That's taking back control, right there. Eating in a side room in front of the telly and tucking in to fishfingers that probably cost more than the salmon all the others are having.

Come the next election, we'll vote for them all again.

• Like 2

On 01/04/2019 at 23:14, ml1dch said:
On 01/04/2019 at 23:03, snowychap said:

If that happens on the 11th April, then there's just one day to pass a new SI to change Exit Day (again).

I'm sure you're right - did the thing the other day specifically change it to April 12th rather than leaving it open-ended?

Seems like there'll be no problems with time now:

• Thanks 1

I'd like an extension to June 30th, please.

We'll offer you an extension but to either April 12th or May 22nd.

Okay, thanks very much.

------

I'd like to ask for a further extension, please. How about June 30th? That would work for me.

We'll offer you an extension to October 31st.

Okay, thanks very much.

• Haha 1

Â