The now-enacted will of (some of) the people

blandy

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Didn’t realise he was unemployed in Poland like the 11.5K Romanians in my local park. 

In that case he will lose his rights and have to leave. 

Anyway you’re all clearly trying to ridicule me for my views rather than being mature about it.

So It’s pointless me posting further. Well done lads.  Bye

I would have to leave if I was unemployed anyway. Same as in the UK, right now, in the EU. 

4 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

I would have to leave if I was unemployed anyway. Same as in the UK, right now, in the EU. 

I guess deporting thousands of people is not an easy thing to do. Easier to stop such large numbers entering in the first place.

Anyway I hope it works out for you in Poland. 

24 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

I have no idea. As it currently stands we're heading for no deal in which I lose my rights overnight. 

Don't tell me I'm not affected by it when I clearly am. 

What is the date of expiry on your Karta Pobytu? I doubt very much anything would/could happen to you before it runs out? If memory serves me correct they issue them in 5 year blocks so you could always claim you’ve lost yours and get a new one to buy you a bit of time.*

*post intended to be of some personal/practical use, not political

5 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Genuinely not trying to ridicule you mate. It's just that you are currently saying a few things that people were saying years ago and it can look a little bit like you've made your mind up without access to all the information. Or possibly worse, you might have chosen to ignore the information that hasn't agreed with what you've already decided.

Personally, I'm quite anti the EU. I think there's a real lack of democracy to it, I think there's a clear agenda to become a superstate. i think the Germans and to a lesser extent the French are running the show for their own benefit and hanging the likes of Greece out to dry.

So there are loads of great reasons to want out of the EU.

But to think sacking off Romanians will help the British working class, I think maybe you've been sold a pup.

We're going to be swapping the interests of the EU for the interests of Liam Fox. I don't think either of them are particularly worried about the job prospects and quality of life for the likes of you and me. 

Thanks. You’re probably right.

I think I just need to move areas.  

Edit: Dont you think sacking off Romanians as you put it to allow more skilled worker from non EU countries is a good approach? 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

4 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Anyway you’re all clearly trying to ridicule me for my views rather than being mature about it.

So It’s pointless me posting further.

Come on now @Vive_La_Villa, no ones mature in here ;)

I was going to say no one is ridiculing your views (more your choice of arguments tbf) but then if you voted Leave that wouldn't be true because actually you kinda nailed a lot of posters in a broader sense in this thread there in a way imo.

But then that's why you should carry on posting not leave it imo. Because somewhere in the middle of all the mud slinging, group think, pigeon holing and self righteous bigotry on both sides of this ugly 'debate' (That EVERYONE agrees has been an absolute travesty from start to finish) is where the reality lies. Not how it is framed by the Remainers and not how it's framed by the Brexiteers.

Any mature debate though surely needs people to absorb information and debate the voracity or implications of it?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Were you not before Brexit?

sorry I take that back. Other EU countries had limits. It’s UK that blundered for not setting limits.

Another UK balls up. 

This is right and a core factor. So many of the problems you highlight are the result of U.K. balls ups that got palmed off by people manipulating us as being down to the EU when it was U.K. government fault

2 minutes ago, VILLAMARV said:

Come on now @Vive_La_Villa, no ones mature in here ;)

I was going to say no one is ridiculing your views (more your choice of arguments tbf) but then if you voted Leave that wouldn't be true because actually you kinda nailed a lot of posters in a broader sense in this thread there in a way imo.

But then that's why you should carry on posting not leave it imo. Because somewhere in the middle of all the mud slinging, group think, pigeon holing and self righteous bigotry on both sides of this ugly 'debate' (That EVERYONE agrees has been an absolute travesty from start to finish) is where the reality lies. Not how it is framed by the Remainers and not how it's framed by the Brexiteers.

Any mature debate though surely needs people to absorb information and debate the voracity or implications of it?

All far points. I’ll admit some of my views today were a bit ill thought out and emotional. 

I only came on here to say it’s good that skilled non EU workers are getting more visas which are now 5 year visa’s instead of one year. Then everything went nuts. 

14 minutes ago, WhatAboutTheFinish said:

What is the date of expiry on your Karta Pobytu? I doubt very much anything would/could happen to you before it runs out? If memory serves me correct they issue them in 5 year blocks so you could always claim you’ve lost yours and get a new one to buy you a bit of time.*

*post intended to be of some personal/practical use, not political

I never got one. I never thought I'd need one as when I moved here (4 years ago) there were no plans to just up and leave the EU...

28 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Didn’t realise he was unemployed in Poland like the 11.5K Romanians in my local park.

So it's the unemployed Romanians that you have the problem with?

Have you found any answers to my previous questions about the 2.88% (I think) of Romanian unemployed (as per the figures you gave), yet?

I'll repost them in case you forgot:

1 hour ago, snowychap said:

Do we know for how long they are unemployed? Are they claimants? If so, for how long, on average do they make a claim? 

12 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Then everything went nuts.

Probably just after you posted this crap:

2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Living in your little liberal bubble.

This evening's episode seems remarkably similar to the one in the US Politics thread not long ago.

Edited by snowychap

7 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Edit: Dont you think sacking off Romanians as you put it to allow more skilled worker from non EU countries is a good approach? 

Personally, on one level, I'm not massively bothered where someone is from Malta or Malaysia.

I work in an office that needs some specific skills in design and software use. We simply don't appear to have the skill base in this country for some reason. At the moment, the last 6 people we have recruited have broken down to the following:

1 UK national

1 Lithuanian

1 Bulgarian

3 Spanish

Now, our offices are in South Wales and the Midlands. I'd prefer to be giving 6 jobs to kids that already live here. We've got a large Somali grouping in Cardiff, we can't get them to apply for jobs, they don't go on the college courses that lead to the jobs. They don't mix with the people that can tip them off about the leads that lead to jobs. 

So we get someone Spanish in, and they have 2 friends, and they know a guy from Bulgaria...

If the next candidate has the skills and can communicate and is from Pakistan or Syria and they can legally work here, they'll get the job.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, snowychap said:

So it's the unemployed Romanians that you have the problem with?

Have you found any answers to my previous questions about the 2.88% (I think) of Romanian unemployed (as per the figures you gave), yet?

I'll repost them in case you forgot:

Now you’re just being silly. 

I take it all back. The 11.5K unemployed Romanians can do what they want. In fact I don’t even care about the English working class either. 

Now leave me alone statto.

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Now you’re just being silly. 

I should have remembered that asking questions in order to elicit information on a subject was 'just being silly'.

In a nutshell. Again.

Edited by snowychap

12 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

All far points. I’ll admit some of my views today were a bit ill thought out and emotional. 

I only came on here to say it’s good that skilled non EU workers are getting more visas which are now 5 year visa’s instead of one year. Then everything went nuts. 

I liked the bit where you quoted stats from the Office of National Statistics, then derided others for using them and then said you don't need them. :thumb:

28 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Personally, I'm quite anti the EU. I think there's a real lack of democracy to it, I think there's a clear agenda to become a superstate. i think the Germans and to a lesser extent the French are running the show for their own benefit and hanging the likes of Greece out to dry.

So there are loads of great reasons to want out of the EU.

Chrisp nails it again imo. If you wanted a worse torture than re-reading the Bruce and Gabby threads put together you could trawl this thread and see there's plenty of us in here who have this view. Not that I'd advise it though Vive tbf.

Â