The now-enacted will of (some of) the people

blandy

The Chambers of Commerce 'scorecard' they've released today makes for funny/droll/depressing reading, depending on your perspective. They've put down 24 questions on things they want to know, and then given them a traffic light score related to how much we know about each issue. You can see the final scorecard here:

http://www.britishchambers.org.uk/Brexit Practicalities Scorecard Final.pdf

Maybe safe to say they aren't convinced it's going well?

Edited by HanoiVillan
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

Who I suspect have very little or totally nothing to lose in the process no matter what happens with the final deal. 

May,  Boris, Cameron and all them types could all retire tommorrow with literally millions,  they don't care and I can't understand why people think they do.  If the game was,  get a good deal May / Boris or lose all your assets,  it would I fear be a completley differnet ball game.

They would need to try really hard.

Absolutely. They're either doing it for personal career ambitions, to make money, out of arrogance or hubris or for money or for all of those and more.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You can only really despair. There's a lot of really delusional, idiotic, ignorant or downright mental people that unsurprisingly support Brexit. With a few charlatans making a quick buck thrown in.

• Like 2

On 03/07/2018 at 15:10, HanoiVillan said:

Maybe safe to say they aren't convinced it's going well?

Only becasue things look like they are spinning totaly out of control and the reducing time line I am starting to think something doesn't feel quite right with it all.

Something is going on in that it can't be as bad as it seems,  if it is, the people involved in the brexit back rooms so to speak would have all jumped ship.  Effectivley we have a Titanic which is just about to sink,  they are all still on it. Why stay? 

Deal is done / May has a secret weapon?

It starts to look a little bit OTT now.  Closer to the Thick of it than reality at some points recently.  I am looking at it from afar also.  It looks so **** it cannot be still going can it,  the Tories are like the pickup truck hanging up in Top Gear studio that wont die.  It should be dead by now given the last 2 years in all honesty.

I am not explaining it very well.  It's not the subject it's the total unprofessionalism,  imagine if the EU had kicked us out for whatever reason or we went to war with someone.  Look how they are dealing with Brexit.

Edited by Amsterdam_Neil_D

So all we have is "low level collusion" with Russia which has been admitted to and vote leave breaking the law on their way to a win in the vote, yet it is still "the will of the people".  The bullshit and lies surrounding this monumental decision is so frustrating.

One thing's for sure unless something changes very soon the fall out from the job losses in manufacturing will finish it for good in this country and that's fact . Castle Bromwich Jag plant first then reduction in new products built in UK across the board . BMW, Toyota and Nissan will all do the same .Devistating our economy.

Hold on tight, in 3 years time no one will admit voting leave 

The latest customs fudge looks an incoherent, impossible mess - but it does seem to have set the worst people in the country (Farage, Bone, Paterson etc) into an apoplexy of rage.

So maybe it can't be all bad.

There's apparently a meeting of a number of Brexiteers in the cabinet tonight at the Foreign Office, including Boris, Davis, Gove, McVey, Leadsom... A significant chunk of cabinet retards.  How much good could be done if only there was a fortunate gas leak.

29 minutes ago, Chindie said:

There's apparently a meeting of a number of Brexiteers in the cabinet tonight at the Foreign Office, including Boris, Davis, Gove, McVey, Leadsom... A significant clunk of cabinet retards.  How much good could be done if only there was a fortunate gas leak.

Fixed (or coined a new collective noun)

Just seemed obvious

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ml1dch said:

The latest customs fudge looks an incoherent, impossible mess - but it does seem to have set the worst people in the country (Farage, Bone, Paterson etc) into an apoplexy of rage.

So maybe it can't be all bad.

Ah this will be the one that would effectively rule out a FT deal with the USA

23 minutes ago, bickster said:

Ah this will be the one that would effectively rule out a FT deal with the USA

Which, as many have pointed out, is a free trade deal with basically no benefit to the UK.

One of the theories about some of the higher profile Brexiteers is that they all stand to make a fair bit of coin out of a US trade deal.

I'd quite like to see, one day, some of Brexit's leading lights have some of retribution.

I see they've apparently reached some sort of 'consensus' at that Chequers.

Obviously, we'll have to see if it lasts out the night/weekend but the report I read said they failed to mention either the single market (or internal market) and the customs union. Seems like quite an omission. Did they remember Ireland this time?

15 minutes ago, snowychap said:

I see they've apparently reached some sort of 'consensus' at that Chequers.

Obviously, we'll have to see if it lasts out the night/weekend but the report I read said they failed to mention either the single market (or internal market) and the customs union. Seems like quite an omission. Did they remember Ireland this time?

The only thing they've agreed is that Brexit means Brexit. 

8 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Mmm, fudge.

How long until the EU pipes up to say it's unworkable?

They'll give it a week.

It's obviously laughably illiterate, and they'll say no before too long. 

But it would be rude of them to point out that it doesn't work and is stupid when they've worked so hard to even get to here, without at least giving a bit of time to bask in the glory. It would look intransigent otherwise.

Two years, and this is the kind of fantasy that they've come up with. They can't possibly be inept enough to believe the EU would agree to I Can't Believe It's Not Brexit. 

This looks like a transparent attempt to say they tried to negotiate, but those unaccountable EU negotiators were meanies and wouldn't help us. 

It's still hard Brexit all the way. 

• Like 3

Â