The now-enacted will of (some of) the people

blandy

Apparently Davis uses the same email account that Trump uses to send all these documents "in error". It's starting to become clear that this is some part of their negotiation strategy. The creator of the strategy is now back to his days in the nursery putting square pegs into square holes. 

5 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

It's a document sent in error , hardly representative of Britain and all who live in it  ... I'd be ashamed to be British if the population took to the streets en mass demanding Dr Mohsen Danaie and others are deported .. but that isn't happening 

you should be more proud that a British person intervened (Prof Dye ) directly to the home office and got it over turned , no ?

Unfortunately, Her Majesty's Government does represent the country. 

I might wish it didn't, but it does. 

• Like 3

I wonder how Brexit will effect university applications from EU countries next year, I can't see the numbers staying like they did last year. We might get an up turn in applications from other nations but I can't quite see how they'll plug the 6% gap in students that we'll probably lose. Of course China has the biggest student population in the UK - but the big difference between Chinese students and for example German students is that Chinese students go home to work after completing while EU nationals stay here to work in a much bigger number.

Brexit is a stupid idea part 94

What the debacle with Bombardier tells us about future US trade deals compared to now...

The UK government, particularly its trade minister Liam Fox, places great faith in a trade agreement with the US, arguing that Britain will get a good deal because of the dense commercial links between the two countries. But trade deals are all about leverage, and leverage is determined by the size of the market. A comparatively small economy such as the UK’s would enjoy little leverage in its negotiation with the US. And if the two countries do not agree a deal, the UK would have to settle disputes with the WTO: cases take years and rulings are often ignored. By contrast, the EU is in a strong position when it comes to disputes with the US; its huge domestic market gives it greater negotiating power. And the US cannot afford to take unilateral action against it of the kind seen in the Bombardier case.

Hint - it isn't good.

Brexit. **** stupid.

• Like 1

What I do notice on VT in this particular thread, is that the very fervent Brexiters no longer post about this topic post vote, almost appearing to no longer really reflect on their decision, or care where it goes.  

A very tiny sample though of course, but I have noticed it in the real world too. 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

What I do notice on VT in this particular thread, is that the very fervent Brexiters no longer post about this topic post vote, almost appearing to no longer really reflect on their decision, or care where it goes.  

Definitely some of that.

But I would wager a certain amount of hiding from their embarrassment as well.

46 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

A very tiny sample though of course, but I have noticed it in the real world too. 

Or theyve realised how absolutely stupid their vote was and are keeping quiet.

Polls would indicate a significant shift in public opinion against Brexit

• Like 1

Just now, bickster said:

:lol:

That's what  I was suggesting, but not quite so bluntly put!

3 minutes ago, bickster said:

I don't particularly understand how anyone thought a "leave" vote was anything other than **** stupid.  The sheer simplicity of "leave" or "remain" was bonkers in any case.

Part of me wants the country to go completely "hard Brexit" as that's what the 19m people (seriously, how is it anywhere near that amount?!) voted for - even though it would be terrible.

I'd actually love to know the thinking behind any vote in favour of leaving the EU.  "Those pesky immigrants", right?

49 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

I still read the thread and seen a few posts that I've started to reply but ultimately I've ended up not bothering to hit submit  ...  it's obvious from reading the posts that the EU are superior to us in every way and all we should do is bow and be ashamed to be British so it just seems easily to save the internet some ink

fwiw , I've not changed my mind but I'd also rather wait and see on the some actual detail rather than react to every peace of speculation and hearsay ...so keep the thread open until 2019 :)

4 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I don't particularly understand how anyone thought a "leave" vote was anything other than **** stupid.  The sheer simplicity of "leave" or "remain" was bonkers in any case.

Part of me wants the country to go completely "hard Brexit" as that's what the 19m people (seriously, how is it anywhere near that amount?!) voted for - even though it would be terrible.

I'd actually love to know the thinking behind any vote in favour of leaving the EU.  "Those pesky immigrants", right?

You're likely to be in luck, as no deal is increasingly likely to happen.

There's arguments earlier in the thread that aren't 'bloody immigrants'. But I'd happily wager a lot of money that a poll of Leave votes would boil down the angle pushed by papers for years that the EU was keeping us down and ruining Britain, to be polite about it.

5 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

I still read the thread and seen a few posts that I've started to reply but ultimately I've ended up not bothering to hit submit  ...  it's obvious from reading the posts that the EU are superior to us in every way and all we should do is bow and be ashamed to be British so it just seems easily to save the internet some ink

fwiw , I've not changed my mind but I'd also rather wait and see on the some actual detail rather than react to every peace of speculation and hearsay ...so keep the thread open until 2019 :)

What the **** is that in bold? 

I hear this shit all the time.  British, what is 'being British?' - not collaborating with your neighbours for our own harmony and/or benefit?  Sending letters to people telling them to **** off because they've no right to be here?  

I'd rather have a curry than a **** scone with some jam, so **** 'being British'.  

This island we're 'fortunate' enough to have been born on is full of indigenous white dickheads anyway. 

Not that, the bolded bit was your entire argument :lol::P   

Edited by lapal_fan
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, bickster said:

what polls ? the latest poll on whatUkthinks  shows 47% to leave v 46 remain v 6% DK

ok that's 5% down on the actual result but July data was 51% remain to 44% leave ..so if anything it shows that maybe people don't know what they want and also that momentum is swinging back towards leave ?

5 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Where's that rolly eyes emote?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, colhint said:

I'm fed up with being called or suggested I'm a racist most times I debated. So I rarely post anymore.

So if we changed the narrative to you being an agent of Vladimir Putin would you come out and play again :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Â