The now-enacted will of (some of) the people

blandy

10 hours ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

It just does not add up.  The amount of anti Brexit and remainers constantly saying it's going to be a disaster for everyone going forward is fine,  I understand the vote did not go the way they wanted.

What I don't get is if it is going to be such a disaster why are people going to inflict this on their children and so on in the future and just sit there and take it like good little citizens,  unless they don't really believe what they say or write ? (I am not explaining it very well, sorry).

It seems remainers will gladly tell you the ship is going to sink but not confident enough to get in a life raft and drift of into the sunset to pastures new?

Either its not going to be as bad as they say or they are all giving it the biggun but ultimately do F*** all about it.

Just to be one more person quoting you A_N_D

It's that exact attitude of get up and go to better yourself and your family that has got us here.

If less Poles and Lithuanians, Afghans and Libyans had had that attitude, then 52% of us wouldn't have been compelled to vote out of a sense of I'm not racist, but...

• Thanks 1

I am an economic migrant after all :D I might not ask the questions in the correct way.  I think I always word things badly but never mind I can take it.

The 52 % have a lot to answer for.

If it does go spectacularly wrong then preparation for this event would be prudent whatever that could be ?  It might be the case people are stuck there as no one can see the houses etc..  Hedge your bets so to speak,  don''t forget it could affect pensions and things long term, also.

It will probably all be fine with Dave and Theresa.  Good Luck :D 

Have a nice Friday, They are looking after me well in VT-ICU.:rolleyes:

Edited by Amsterdam_Neil_D

Supposedly Theresa began her cabinet discussion on Brexit by imploring the cabinet to think of a new special relationship we can have with Europe.

I think a little later she asked the cabinet to make a time machine, and then a perpetual motion engine.

Also the usual suspects in print are out in force attacking anyone that might dare to to help counter Brexit lunacy.

Because it's George Soros the papers today look like some of the more grim stuff the US has had in recent years.

14 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

Just to be one more person quoting you A_N_D

It's that exact attitude of get up and go to better yourself and your family that has got us here.

If less Poles and Lithuanians, Afghans and Libyans had had that attitude, then 52% of us wouldn't have been compelled to vote out of a sense of I'm not racist, but...

ignoring the obvious flaw that we all know 52% voted leave because of a figure on a bus 

Poles and Lithuanian's are economic migrants , they've made a choice to chase the money and better there live and that of their family    , Afghans and Libyans were fleeing war zones  , thus don't really fit the counter argument to AND's post , do they ? 

• Like 1

Barnier today giving a conference after his talks this week.

Shocker, it ain't great. The big take away being that a transition deal isn't a given because they have concerns over some of our positions. Which basically means we've not moved on in months.

In other news we're also apparently begging other nations to act like Brexit isn't happening...

44 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Afghans and Libyans were fleeing war zones  , thus don't really fit the counter argument to AND's post , do they ? 

They do to an extent.  Your average "clearing in the woods down the pub" would've stayed at home to fight if they were in their shoes.  Cowards.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

On 10/9/2017 at 19:57, darrenm said:

I can see it tearing the Tories apart when it becomes apparent it's impossible to leave the SM and CU with our current infrastructure and geography and they have to break the news but can't for fear of riots and tanking popularity etc. That bits already started.

It's just becoming apparent

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2018/feb/09/northern-ireland-will-stay-in-single-market-after-brexit-eu-says

"UK negotiators have been warned that the EU draft withdrawal agreement will stipulate that Northern Ireland will, in effect, remain in the customs union and single market after Brexit to avoid a hard border.

The uncompromising legal language of the draft agreement is likely to provoke a major row, something all parties to the negotiations have been trying to avoid.

The move is widely expected to cause ructions within both the Conservative party and between the government and the Democratic Unionist party, whose 10 MPs give Theresa May her working majority in the House of Commons."

1 hour ago, tonyh29 said:

ignoring the obvious flaw that we all know 52% voted leave because of a figure on a bus 

Poles and Lithuanian's are economic migrants , they've made a choice to chase the money and better there live and that of their family    , Afghans and Libyans were fleeing war zones  , thus don't really fit the counter argument to AND's post , do they ? 

it wasn't an entirely serious and researched response, I was just sort of blagging it for lolz n shitzz, can't believe I got the gig to be honest

I was 'doing a Davis'

The-Times-CEO-Summit.jpg

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, blandy said:

This is completely wrong, though isn't it?

it's "fewer", not "less".

(Sorry, @mjmooney appears to be unavailable)

Congratulations, you've made the list.

hqdefault.jpg

A bit fewer grammar related pedantry and I'll review it again at a later date.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Some small Twitter rumblings (and therefore probably, hopefully, nonsense) that May might be about to side with the hard Brexiteers.

I'll get some popcorn in, UK Politics could replace Trump as my soap opera of choice

1 minute ago, bickster said:

I'll get some popcorn in, UK Politics could replace Trump as my soap opera of choice

I'm assuming it's nonsense, if nothing else she doesn't make decisions unless they give her more dictatorial power in which case she rubber stamps it double quick sharp.

So far they seem to have, in a roundabout way, pursued some kind of ambiguous approach to Brexit where no set position is made. I'll be surprised to see that dropped until the absolute last minute. Although Barnier today will tell you the last minute was was probably a while ago.

No deal though. That will be disastrous. But it will be cheered by baying imbeciles and a few at the top waiting to make a pretty penny and **** the rest.

But as said... It can't be true.

20 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Congratulations, you've made the list.

hqdefault.jpg

A bit fewer grammar related pedantry and I'll review it again at a later date.

we won't have pencils come Brexit so you'd better find a new method for making your list

8 minutes ago, Chindie said:

No deal though. That will be disastrous. But it will be cheered by baying imbeciles and a few at the top waiting to make a pretty penny and **** the rest.

Well, until it actually happens. It'll be absolutely fascinating to watch the fallout. 

Just now, tonyh29 said:

we won't have pencils come Brexit so you'd better find a new method for making your list

it'll turn out we were allowed to have pencils all along, but we shut down our pencil factories 'because europe'

but not to fear, once we're out of the EU we'll be able to import pencils from Sweden

anyway, in future high tech Britannia, we'll be able to make lists on the super computers we all snapped up cheap in the fire sale sell off when all the banks and finance houses moved to Strasbourg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Â