The now-enacted will of (some of) the people

blandy

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

Sorry, who is 'they' here?

EDIT: I've highlighted the 'they's' I'm interested in. 

Successive governments since the early 80's.  It's weird,  it's like the people in power value money, ego and big business rather than human beings.  Call me old fashioned but a governments prime objective is the well being of the population as a basic start point.  A happy population is a successful population.  Well if the majority tell them to F-off I can only conclude they **** it up in the last 30-35 years,  otherwise the Remain would have won by 90% instead of losing. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, MakemineVanilla said:

He did say that the kids were called Zofia, Oleg, Leszek, Krystyna, Zorlota and Lech, and the pony is called Borat.

So maybe he had a point.

I tell you what, that pony is taking us all for a ride!

• Like 3

Bank of England confirming the situation is starting to 'cystallise' in regards to the financial impact of the referendum, and is already moving to try to reassure the market they're prepared for shit to hit the fan.

20 hours ago, Chindie said:

Bank of England confirming the situation is starting to 'cystallise' in regards to the financial impact of the referendum, and is already moving to try to reassure the market they're prepared for shit to hit the fan.

Bank of England also said the financial system remains resilient and that market stress remain much lower than in the financial crisis or the euro crisis.

11 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Meanwhile, the pound has crashed below 1.30 against the dollar.

Not suprising, I am no expert on financial things but I could have told anyone who voted exit this was going to happen. I predict its going to plunge even further

I think we need to expect a rocky economic road for the next few years. I've as much clue as an economic advisor in 2006 who couldn't see a World crash less than 18 months away (no wonder they were doubted this time!), whether we'll be better or worse off economically in the long term but I'm optimistic we can get through this.

To be honest, these crashes we've had are just the result of saying we're leaving the EU. 

I can't imagine the economic crash we'll have once we invoke article 50. Maybe parity with the dollar?

• Like 2

As some one who was 18 in 1980 and how screwed the job market was back then Id just like to thank on behalf of my son and all his friends who have just sat their GCSEs all those who voted to leave for putting them back in the shitehole that I endured all those years ago.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Not suprising, I am no expert on financial things but I could have told anyone who voted exit this was going to happen. I predict its going to plunge even further

I don't think it's unexpected to any of the leave voters I have spoken to. None of them were thinking the job could be completed without financial market issues and without short and possibly medium term economic downturn. I'm not surprised the pound is down at the moment. I am surprised the stock markets aren't a lot lower at the moment.

5 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Using which plan?

It's a process that will take years with a result that will last decades so I'm patient enough to wait for one. After all, the plan to enter the EU took a while to formulate.

4 minutes ago, brommy said:

It's a process that will take years with a result that will last decades so I'm patient enough to wait for one. After all, the plan to enter the EU took a while to formulate.

Meanwhile the economy crashes around us, jobs aren't created as employers don't create jobs in times of uncertainty and the leading 'Leave' politicians have scarpered. Also, the EU is affected as they have sit on their hands waiting for us to make a decision.

Worth it though.

Â