The now-enacted will of (some of) the people

blandy

12 hours ago, villakram said:

AAA rating gone. Cameron is nailed on for the history books now, muppet!

Blame the people not him, he gave the public what they wanted to be fair to him whether i agree with the decision or not

6 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

They reckon crabb and javid are going to form an alliance to stop boris from becoming PM

Sajid Javid?

Did he not see the results of the Brexit? Good luck getting the PM gig mate :lol:

7 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Blame the people not him, he gave the public what they wanted to be fair to him whether i agree with the decision or not

Unfortunately the only reason he gave that referendum was to save his own skin.

Jeremy Hunt calls for EU deal referendum

By PA  Jun 28, 2016

Updated: Jun 28th 2016 03:30 AM

Jeremy Hunt has said there should be a second referendum on Britain's terms for leaving the European Union.

The Health Secretary, writing in the Daily Telegraph, said the public did not vote on the conditions of the country's departure and has called for a deal to be negotiated, then put before the electorate.

He also said the Government as part of its plan, needs to make it clear that remaining in the single market is an "explicit national objective" as well as doing "everything possible to restore stability".

He said: "We must not invoke Article 50 straight away because that puts a time limit of two years on negotiations after which we could be thrown out with no deal at all.

"So before setting the clock ticking, we need to negotiate a deal and put it to the British people, either in a referendum or through the Conservative manifesto at a fresh general election."

As part of the Britain's negotiation plan, the Conservative cabinet minister said EU countries should be encouraged to reform the rules of free movement, allowing for a "Norway plus" deal for Britain.

This, he said, would include full access to the single market with a "sensible compromise on free movement rules".

Mr Hunt, who was in the Remain camp, also added that it was "crucial" to understand the message given by voters - that "the country has rejected the free movement of people as it currently operates".

"The political establishment - of all parties - has been punished for leading people up the garden path on immigration: for decades when people have said "there is too much immigration" we have said "we agree" and then appeared to do nothing," he added.

Mr Hunt also said that the Tories must unite the party after the "bruising battle" on the referendum and remain committed to uniting the country.

He also called for all the prospective Tory leadership contenders to promise that the current 110,000 EU citizens working in the UK would be granted permanent residence.

Clicky

Cant say I agree with Hunt often but I think this is a good idea

Germany will feel emboldened by this. Scotland will surely leave the UK as we know it, and Wales will be watching closely. The specter of Irish upheaval is not far off...this is a staggering pivot in the modern history of the UK, my word.

• Like 1

The Welsh won't go anywhere. Welsh nationalism is the most benign around.

It isn't part of a bigger plan - any bigger plan was to have this referendum go the other way. All the fallout now shows that in stark contrast.

As for Article 50... The EU leaders know they have is in a rock and a hard place situation. Article 50 is the gun to the head.

• Like 1

Yep, no one wants to be the person who pushes the button.

In other news, Gove and Boris absent from commons. Well there's a shock. This whole saga is a total farce. And I'm totally fed up of being told I'm a sore loser because leave won. This isn't a game. I will fight for my future.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

The plan seemed to be:

> lose the vote narrowly
> use it as leverage to negotiate better terms with the EU

A leave win is a lose for everybody.

Apart from Racist Barry, Undecided Sue, Farmer Ted, Army Veteran George and Fisherman Pete.

15 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

The plan seemed to be:

> lose the vote narrowly
> use it as leverage to negotiate better terms with the EU

A leave win is a lose for everybody.

The plan, for everyone who isn't Nigel Farage or that prat Dan Hannan, was to push political careers while changing nothing, whilst also brushing the domestic European question under the carpet.

Unfortunately it backfired, a lot of people in Whitehall are now getting quite hot under the collar, and a number of people have been left holding a baby they never expected to exist.

1 hour ago, lapal_fan said:

Apart from Racist Barry, Undecided Sue, Farmer Ted, Army Veteran George and Fisherman Pete.

Says middle class miles from lapal. Bet your house price has plummeted to under 400k this week.

How will you survive?

:)

Just now, RimmyJimmer said:

Says middle class miles from lapal. Bet your house price has plummeted to under 400k this week.

How will you survive?

:)

I'm actually moving from my 90k ex council house with 50k profit into a 175k traditional semi detached out which I'm pretty proud of.  In spite of your generation of selfish me, me, me's!

:P 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Clicky

Cant say I agree with Hunt often but I think this is a good idea

So essentially Hunt's plan is to give us the information we weren't given at the referendum and ask us to have another go once we actually understand what it means? Ha!

You shat it; you sleep in it.

1 hour ago, StefanAVFC said:

Yep, no one wants to be the person who pushes the button.

In other news, Gove and Boris absent from commons. Well there's a shock. This whole saga is a total farce. And I'm totally fed up of being told I'm a sore loser because leave won. This isn't a game. I will fight for my future.

yeah righto , what's the plan a well orchestrated twitter campaign or a strongly worded Facebook post ?

I suppose there is a slight irony though that you're fed up being labelled a sore loser whilst everyone that voted in is being told they are a xenophobic imbecile ....

Â