Aston Villa Protest Group

MikeMcKenna

Yes well done, they lined the pockets of these incapable, uninterested arseholes and spent their time there watching shit and holding up a piece of paper that nobody at the club took any sort of notice of.

Its not an attack of fans because its obviously only because we all care but its just completely pointless.

It was a better looking protest today but I think you guys need to change the banner now. The future is pretty much known, he wants to sell and pretty much that is all you will get from him. 

I'd like to see a banner that reads something like:

PREMIER LEAGUE STATUS = GONE 

HUNDREDS OF JOBS = GONE 

OUR DIGNITY = GONE

WHERE IS OUR APOLOGY, LERNER? 

Yea considering no silly protest or banner will work so yea it is "less easy" to get out there and organise something that works. Something that would 100% work is nobody turning up and paying these wasters but i suspect the "real fan" brigade will be all over that comment.

19 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Handed out quite a few to Saints fans today, have to say I spoke to about 50 and all bar one were extremely nice and supportive. 

Nice to meet @markavfc40, @dont_do_it_doug. and @Shropshire Lad today, hope to see you all soon. 

It was an unexpected bonus meeting you yesterday Hanoi! I briefly met @Hev too, pleased to have met you. 

And it was great meeting you as well @markavfc40 , I hope you feel it went as well it could have gone. It certainly looks like it has.

Overall I was getting a positive response from supporters while handing out banners, I felt a lot enjoyed the idea of being part of something. Obviously there were those who didn't want to take part, feeling the protest wasn't for them. However, I had a number of people telling me they appreciated the work being done, even if they themselves were not taking part. 

I also just want to add that I had a really strong sense of solidarity from the handful of Southampton fans I spoke to, they were fully understanding of the nature of the protest. One gentleman in particular was very vocal in his dismay about what's going on with the club, so full credit to them.

Edited by Shropshire Lad
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

For anyone who hasn't seen it this is the Match of the Day coverage of the protest on 74 minutes.

Match of the Day protest coverage

Great stuff Mark, It couldn't have happened without you and the rest of the guys time, effort and previous financial contributions getting it to this stage of the public eye. 

See the tally has just hit £800 for the Newcastle game https://crowdfunding.justgiving.com/AVPG if anyone can spare a £, $, or € please donate no matter how big or small every penny helps, One last push for the Newcastle game so lets go out on a bang. 

Remember any funds left over will go to Acorns charity so please get involved. 

Thanks again folks.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

as I have said many times in this thread - it's wrong to criticise the people organising the protest. They are giving up their time and money for something they care about. 

I don't think it's wrong to criticise them or what they're doing. I think it's fair enough to criticise people who stand up for something, particularly if you don't share their viewpoint. Constructive criticism is better than negative stuff, but even that is fair, as long as it's, er, fair.

I suspect the AVPG people accept this point, too.

(I'm not, by the way taking sides here. They're quite entitled to do what they're doing and I admire their get up and go to actually make that time and effort. And there is very good cause for them to do so.)

8 minutes ago, blandy said:

I don't think it's wrong to criticise them or what they're doing. I think it's fair enough to criticise people who stand up for something, particularly if you don't share their viewpoint. Constructive criticism is better than negative stuff, but even that is fair, as long as it's, er, fair.

I suspect the AVPG people accept this point, too.

(I'm not, by the way taking sides here. They're quite entitled to do what they're doing and I admire their get up and go to actually make that time and effort. And there is very good cause for them to do so.)

Zero problem with what Pete has put here. We are fair game for constructive criticism and have had a fair bit in fairness. It is on us to put up a constructive argument as to why we believe that those supporters who do still attend should join in these protests whilst respecting those that don't agree with us and want to join in. I hope we have done that.

• Like 1

On 4/11/2016 at 14:08, Designer1 said:

Supported by the faithful - Owned by the absent.

Great work yesterday to all concerned, looked great on the TV 3,500 miles away in Dubai!

Popped a little donation in for the cause to help towards the final home game!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, YGabbana said:
1 hour ago, markavfc40 said:
For anyone who hasn't seen it this is the Match of the Day coverage of the protest on 74 minutes.

Match of the Day protest coverage

2 minutes ago, YGabbana said:

Link doesnt work for me

Anyone else having a problem as it works fine for me. It is on our facebook page mate if you want to view it on there along with a couple of fan videos of the protests.

Aston Villa Protest Group

Yea considering no silly protest or banner will work so yea it is "less easy" to get out there and organise something that works. Something that would 100% work is nobody turning up and paying these wasters but i suspect the "real fan" brigade will be all over that comment.

In terms of its own objectives - to allow the fans to demonstrate their unhappiness with the state of affairs at the club - I would say it obviously "worked". You only have to look at the footage from MOTD to see that. You maybe have some deeper or broader idea of what would constitute "working" in this context but you haven't really explained this.

I note you advocate a boycott so I look forward to seeing how you get this organised for the Newcastle game.

Â