Aston Villa Protest Group

MikeMcKenna

2 minutes ago, lmarsha_926 said:

You are desperate to think this will change anything, The board have not cared for years a walk out in a meaningless game as we are going down anyway wont change that

Yep, so lets do nothing and just snipe at those that at least try on an internet forum.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

You sound more like you hope it will. 

This is just the start. 

So what next we can protest all we want but only a takeover will get Lerner out. Cost cutting will happen due to relegation this was 4 months too late. Unless you have some money to buy the club it will stay the same, look at the last 4 years

Edited by lmarsha_926

yep, heard the countdown, and when the cameras panned on to the crowd and it was noticeable people were leaving (i.e. not just a handful that were hard to spot).

also mentioned on sky that people were leaving

pretty decent outcome i think given its only been a week or two since organizing the walkout started  

• Like 1

I don't think, really, there was ever any real hope of making a difference. It's just a gesture. Making it clear, for some people, that they aren't happy. Little else.

• Like 1

That went as good (or bad) as expected, although I was hoping for more.

Doubt it will work better next time. Think more and more people will do their protest in the form of staying home.

Hope to see more banners from those who do choose to show up.

Not be surprised to see figures in the low 20's come the end of the season.

If I were there I'd have left on 74, for what little good it would have done.

I applaud those trying to do something to make a difference.

Normally I would accept the reason not to leave, ie I want to support the players. But frankly they are garbage and they don't try hard enough. We're already relegated so supporting the team for an extra 16 minutes will make no difference.

12 minutes ago, lmarsha_926 said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/13792455

What happened then he hired him, Might of made a difference in December but not now waste of energy organising it 

Well it isn't your energy, don't worry about it. I appreciate the effort of all those involved. Whether it has an effect or not. Die for something or live for nothing a great man once said.

John Rambo I believe.

I left. Admittedly I've got an early start and need to be up at four, but I left nonetheless and felt better for it. A huge well done to Mike and Dave and everyone else involved in organising and publicising this - I reckon 2,500-3,000 people left which when you consider that there were 26,000 fans in Villa areas and that a fair few of them were football tourists, I think is enough to have some impact.

• Like 4

Â