Aston Villa Protest Group

MikeMcKenna

41 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

Stan has excellent reach. I fear he could derail the movement though.

He would also end up speaking about it on the fans behalf and end up alienating the vast majority.

We have tweeted him 20-30 times now so he obviously isnt going to help in way, so I am not bothering now. Pisses me off that he called on fans to protest then did nothing. But at the end of the day the rule must be that we do not alienate anyone who can help.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, srsmithusa said:

Can't see Sky.  Can someone post links to these interviews?  Mike's and Mark's

The Sky interview that Mark did this morning hasn't aired yet (as far as i am aware).

1 minute ago, markavfc40 said:

The interview has been on sky sports news. It was on at 2:50pm. It is also on the sky sports app and website. Here is a link:

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/teams/aston-villa/10178407/aston-villa-walk-out

I am not very happy as it has made it sound like this is my idea and hasn't mentioned out the door on 74 even though I mentioned it at the start of the interview and spoke about the website near the end and also that Steve Lee who did the interview knew exactly that I was simply representing the campaign. We even spoke for a couple of minutes about the idea coming from Mike before the interview.

Facts? Mere details Mark.. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

The interview has been on sky sports news. It was on at 2:50pm. It is also on the sky sports app and website. Here is a link:

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/teams/aston-villa/10178407/aston-villa-walk-out

I am not very happy as it has made it sound like this is my idea and hasn't mentioned out the door on 74 even though I mentioned it at the start of the interview and spoke about the website near the end and also that Steve Lee who did the interview knew exactly that I was simply representing the campaign. We even spoke for a couple of minutes about the idea coming from Mike before the interview.

You bastard. Taking all the credit and leaving poor Mike in the cold.

Mark out!

;)

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

You bastard. Taking all the credit and leaving poor Mike in the cold.

Mark out!

;)

Ha ha. I am happy it has got some publicity but not happy that they cut the bits of me stating I was representing out the door on 74 which I did twice and also I spoke briefly about managers, Fox, Hollis, Lerner. The whole interview was maybe 5 questions over 3 or 4 minutes condensed into a minute.

Edited by markavfc40

8 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

Ha ha. I am happy it has got some publicity but not happy that they cut the bits of me stating I was representing out the door on 74 which I did twice and also I spoke briefly about managers, Fox, Hollis, Lerner. The whole interview was maybe 5 questions over 3 or 4 minutes condensed into a minute.

Interview still comes across as great, despite Sky Sports cutting it to meet their own agenda. Well done mate, you've done an amazing service to the cause :)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

Came out well from it. Glad they got that little bit in about it not being about losing 6-0 etc this has been coming for years. Fair play to you well done.

• Like 1

Cool, composed, brave and a sincere tone of voice. I think those things will transmit more readily and form a more favourable impression upon viewers, than the exact details of your message. As long as the gist has been conveyed, then I,d say its a job well done. 

Â