Favourite Animals

chrisp65

3 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

I've always been fascinated by primates. For our honeymoon last year we hiked through the jungle in Rwanda's Volcanoes National Park. We spent time with a highland mountain gorilla family in the wild - totally mind-blowing.

56bf980413426_GushimiraSmall.jpg.859871b

Here is the family silverback - he just sat down in that pool of light. About 10 seconds later he charged us!!

now thats an imposing figure.

Just now, useless said:

I like it when ones watching a nature documentary and they show an animal you've never seen or heard of before. I suppose unless your really into it, there's always going to be creatures that are new.

they have just discovered a new type of shark, think it was deep in the indian ocean but i maybe wrong.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Michelsen said:

Gorillas are wonderful, too. Shame we treat them like shit.

Palm oil plantations are destroying inordinate amounts of Orangutan habitats. Try to find any product today that doesn't have palm oil. It's in bloody everything!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rugeley Villa said:

shame we treat all animals like shit.

True. But the fact that such a wonderful species is critically endangered makes me particularly sad, I have to admit. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

they have just discovered a new type of shark, think it was deep in the indian ocean but i maybe wrong.

This was a good one discovered about ten years ago I think.

tumblr_ngcl3aOZTK1rdredko3_500.giftumblr_ngcl3aOZTK1rdredko1_500.gif

tumblr_ngcl3aOZTK1rdredko4_400.giftumblr_ngcl3aOZTK1rdredko6_400.gif

The mimic Octopus, that can 'morph' into the appearance of other predators and prey.

• Like 1

I went to Jersey Zoo as a child and there was box there and it said something like, 'inside this box is the world's most dangerous animal' and when you looked inside it was mirror and my reflection. At the time I felt quite proud.

• Like 2

Goblin sharks are weird.

Things that live in the sea are weird.

25hg5tv.jpg

This chap has an iron (Fe) shell.

These are weird too.

Those multiple colony, floaty bag, stomach and stinger things are very weird.

I quite like things that got to where they needed to be and stopped evolving, like crocs and hagfish.

They're often not very pretty, but respect for getting it right early and hanging about for millions of years.

1 hour ago, TheAuthority said:

I've always been fascinated by primates. For our honeymoon last year we hiked through the jungle in Rwanda's Volcanoes National Park. We spent time with a highland mountain gorilla family in the wild - totally mind-blowing.

56bf980413426_GushimiraSmall.jpg.859871b

Here is the family silverback - he just sat down in that pool of light. About 10 seconds later he charged us!!

That is clearly just the gorilla from the Dairy Milk advert and you've cropped out the drum kit and dropped a nice jungle scene over the top.  Nice try !!

But seriously though, that's just been added to my bucket list ;)

8 minutes ago, lloydxmas said:

I also cant get over some of the head ram battles the buffalo and goats etc do.  The force they hit each other at is unreal.

Elephant seal battles are pretty gruesome aswell.  Total bloodbath.

Pretty sure I mentioned this in another thread, but I once had cause to hit a goat on the head with a baseball bat, as hard as I could. It was like hitting reinforced concrete. 

42 minutes ago, lloydxmas said:

I also cant get over some of the head ram battles the buffalo and goats etc do.  The force they hit each other at is unreal.

Elephant seal battles are pretty gruesome aswell.  Total bloodbath.

sad ending but thats the world. respect to the buffalo and also shows how strong rhino are for throwing such a strong animal about.

Edited by Rugeley Villa

Â