Favourite Animals

chrisp65

10 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Seems a group of beach goers had a close encounter with a dolphin that resulted in them all taking selfies with it during which the dolphin died 

it's not clear if the dolphin was already dying ( hence why it was near people in the first place ) but what a bunch of dumb **** words removed , I hope they all get bummed  by a giant dolphin in the afterlife 

this is VT remember, there is no afterlife ;) but yeah dont try and save the poor sod lets have stupid selfies with it.

• 3 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Harpy Eagle - who doesn't love an eagle with an afro!

Jaguar - Known to eat psychedelic plant for the purpose of tripping out, it also knows martial arts, employing a technique with it's paws to snap the neck of it's prey.

Lyrebird - Capable of mimicking any sound in the world apparently, even the sound of a truck or train horn, these beautiful birds are local to the rainforest I grew up in.

Goats - I used to own a couple back on the mountain rainforest. If you want your unruly backyard to be stripped back to bare, f*** a gardener, you need a goat!

• 10 months later...
1 hour ago, useless said:

The animal I'm most fearful of meeting..

Which is a shame cuz they'd really like to meet you. They're nothing if not persistent. 

* Apologies for polluting the thread with a Daily Mail logo. 

• 2 months later...
15 hours ago, useless said:

Declared extinct, but some say that they've seen them.

I've always had a fascination with the thylacine, probably helped by the fact it's one of the more plausibly 'still extant' extinct large vertebrates on the planet.

3 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

As my avatar suggests.I like cats.All kind of cats,from ordinary tabbys to Meerkats,to Cheetars and any and all cats in between.

I say it only as information (because it's OK to like both) but meerkats are not cats.

On 31/08/2020 at 19:47, useless said:

The animal I'm most fearful of meeting..

Komodo-Dragon-Thumbnail.jpeg

The Komodo dragon

On 31/08/2020 at 20:49, BOF said:

Which is a shame cuz they'd really like to meet you. They're nothing if not persistent. 

* Apologies for polluting the thread with a Daily Mail logo. 

I went to Komodo a couple of years back ... few weeks before our visit , one of the dragons attacked and bit a ranger in a surprisingly well launched cunning attack ... he died in absolute agony .. took about a week

with that info in hand , i then went for a Darwin award as I got myself a photo with one and an extreme close up of its paw (tbf they a pretty much pathetically dormant once the sun is out as they just lay there and warm up ) ,

Fascinating animals .. the babies live in trees for the first few months / years , otherwise they would just be food for mum and dad   , they also stake out watering holes and build cunning hidey holes and then when Bambi comes along for a drink ..BAM  ... one bite , and then they follow Bambi around for a few days / weeks until it dies , in absolute agony  .. and yep , they can swim , saw a few of them doing so .

One of the the best things about Komodo is you spend the night in the middle of the ocean in a small boat  , around sunset a man rows out from a nearby island  and tries to sell you ice-cold beer  .. Needless to say he underestimated me and my mates thirst and had to go back and get some more  :)

Read just last week ,  that in order to try and protect the dragons , the park entry fee is $1000 a head now  ...

ahhhh travel ...how i've missed you

P1030177.JPG

P1030162.JPG

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 3
  • Shocked 1

21 hours ago, useless said:

Dormouse

1ba4a65a760a664d520e964708b9060c63145f85

One of the cutest animals I've seen in real life.

not sure that Stuart 9below)  is a Dormouse  , but the cat brought him home one day , and after much chasing around the living room I lost him.

Eventually I turned the sofa over and found him tucked up in bed like he was waiting for me to give him a bedtime story  .. I took him to the mouse sanctuary in the woods near me where all the other rescue mices go ( real place , not one that I make up for the kids like Doggy heaven )

mousey.jpg

Edited by tonyh29

Â