Keinan Davis

a-k

1 hour ago, Don_Simon said:

Twenty one games for Forest, five goals. Tore it up?

He was straight back in their side for play off final after injury so Cooper got how important he was to their 11.

Surprised they haven't come back in for him permanently tbh considering they've signed a new team but guess Cooper has his reasons or we wanted a ridiculous fee to sell.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, david-avfc said:

In January we’d surely have been happy to sell for £4m or £5m, rumours in June were that we were looking for around £15m! I know Bournemouth shafted us in similar circumstances with Mings, maybe there were still too many questions over Keinan’s ability in the PL or his injury record, but for whatever reason Forest have held firm and we’ve been made to look a bit silly holding on to a player we don’t actually want and have settled for another cheap loan instead of capturing a reasonable fee.

It does seem an odd policy we have sometimes with fees for squad players. Perhaps teams did come in for El Ghazi last summer but we were quoting 20m, now we're more likely to get 2m so shows how value can decrease in 12 months if player drops down the pecking order.

7m for Davis would've been decent considering how little he's played for us over last four years.

We seem to want 25m + for Luiz so he can't move and is seemingly happy to run down his contract.

We surely could've got more from Newcastle for Targett but seemingly happy to get our money back for him despite impact he made there.

I wouldn't claim to know the complete ins and outs of players values and FFP but I'd rather not have to sell talented players who've come through our academy every summer to give us extra cash tbh.

30 minutes ago, gilbertoAVFC said:

He's not dross though. Utterly ignorant to think he is.

Not in playing context but ultimately someone we've finding it very difficult to shift permanently and we have 5-6 in our squad now like that.

He's obviously gone beyond the point of just loaning out to gain experience and potentially come back to challenge for first team.

Of course he's injury prone but likes of Welbeck, Carroll, Sturridge had mountains of injuries last 5-6 years and they still find clubs. Davis is still young and has plenty to give in right environment as he's just shown in last six months.

14 minutes ago, nick76 said:

19 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Depends what you call dross, he isnt Premier League quality but he is Championship level which would still make him a player at one of the best 44 teams in England. If he was dross he would be playing in the local pub team or the SPL 

Is a lot worse players in football than Keinan

Expand  

When I say dross, obviously he’s better than you and me

I wouldn’t stand for that mate. I bet he’s never even see you play apart from a couple of YouTube clips. 

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, messi11 said:

Generational striker. good luck

I would term it fashionable.....and judging by the 2 leading clubs, the fashion might be returning.

Stay fit big fella.....and your true appraisal, might be established.

And yet he is likely much better at holding the ball up than any of our current strikers who seem incapable of doing it! For me he would have done much better against Bournemouth, as well as knowing their game having played against them last season, than Ings who was totally ineffective. 

Oh & a question for you all..

On current form.....Who is the better finsher? Watkins or Keinan?

Edited by danceoftheshamen
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, danceoftheshamen said:

And yet he is likely much better at holding the ball up than any of our current strikers who seem incapable of doing it! For me he would have done much better against Bournemouth, as well as knowing their game having played against them last season, than Ings who was totally ineffective. 

Especially since we persisted the whole game with lumping the ball into the box.  

Good luck to him, hope he does well and gets a permanent move at the end of it.

He's shown flashes of how good he can be, he just needs to stay fit and almost needs the attacking play focused around him.

Shame he's not going to WBA - I think he'd be quite effective in a Steve Bruce Championship team, and that might have stuck a few million on his sale afterwards.

34 minutes ago, danceoftheshamen said:

I wouldn't even say Keinan is a bad finisher. I can't remember many (if any) glaring misses or anything. I think he just lacks a bit of instinct. But his all round game is excellent.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tom13 said:

Do you scout every player off those two columns on Wikipedia?

I would assume "scouting" someone requires more than Wikipedia. Trying to find how many games were played and how many goals were scored, Wikipedia will suffice.

51 minutes ago, TRO said:

I would term it fashionable.....and judging by the 2 leading clubs, the fashion might be returning.

Stay fit big fella.....and your true appraisal, might be established.

Huh? He couldn't be more different as a player to the two strikers you're referencing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Huh? He couldn't be more different as a player to the two strikers you're referencing.

He's big in stature and so are they, but you might be looking at something different, like goal scoring record etc....but I'm sure you could find something to disagree on.

Huh? at least give me the benefit of the doubt😆.....or am i asking a bit, there.

Edited by TRO

1 hour ago, est1874 said:

I mean we're not getting philosophical about what dross means and how you quantify it on a global scale 🙄

He's dross in a Villa context. Unfortunately for those who want him to be good, we're a premier league club, and he is nowhere near good enough for the premier league. It says it all that he can't even make it near the bench in a team that couldn't hit a barn door with a **** banjo, let alone the back of the net.

So yeah. He's dross.

I don't understand how/why people think he's nowhere near good enough for the Premier League.  Are we solely going by goals?

1 hour ago, Tom13 said:

I wouldn't even say Keinan is a bad finisher. I can't remember many (if any) glaring misses or anything. I think he just lacks a bit of instinct. But his all round game is excellent.

😉

38 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I don't understand how/why people think he's nowhere near good enough for the Premier League.  Are we solely going by goals?

No, everything! Hope that clears it up 👍

Â