Keinan Davis

a-k

10 hours ago, MrBlack said:

7 goal involvements in 15 starts last season. A whoscored rating over 7.  And rave reviews from the few Forest fans I know.

The ability is there. He's never stayed injury free long enough to prove it at the hightest level though.

Sadly, latest injury seems to confirm that all the arguments about whether he's good or not are irrelevant 😞

In the Championship. 🙄

The reality: Keinan Davis is a very, very average footballer, and not Premier League standard. Hence why no PL club has attempted to buy him.

Edited by est1874
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, est1874 said:

In the Championship. 🙄

The reality: Keinan Davis is a very, very average footballer, and not Premier League standard. Hence why no PL club has attempted to buy him.

The reality: he's too often injured for anyone to possibly know whether he's good enough at the top level or not.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MrBlack said:

The reality: he's too often injured for anyone to possibly know whether he's good enough at the top level or not.

He's played more times in the Premier League than Wesley.

Would you say we need to see our Brazilian #9 a few more times before deciding whether or not he's good enough to play at the top level or not?

8 minutes ago, est1874 said:

He's played more times in the Premier League than Wesley.

Would you say we need to see our Brazilian #9 a few more times before deciding whether or not he's good enough to play at the top level or not?

If not for injury, the jury would very much still be out on Wesley.  He showed signs of doing OK,  then got crippled. Never going to be good enough now so it doesn't matter.

Davis played more times but largely as a 10 minute sub for most of those appearances, or playing in a team that was rubbish and also being quite young when doing so. Don't think you can fairly judge his ability at the moment like you seem to want to. By all means you can say he'll never make because he'll never stay fit long enough, but to give him that label on ability... well I disagree. 

• Thanks 1

Surprised Dean Smith hasn't come in. Could combine well with Pukki and sure Norwich spent 6-7m on foreign player a few weeks back.

Guess he dosen't pass their data analysis metrics but given DS handed him a couple of new deals while he was here he obviously rates him.

Can see QPR coming in late in the window with Beale there.

Just now, VillaChris said:

Surprised Dean Smith hasn't come in. Could combine well with Pukki and sure Norwich spent 6-7m on foreign player a few weeks back.

Guess he dosen't pass their data analysis metrics but given DS handed him a couple of new deals while he was here he obviously rates him.

Yeah but Dean never played him even when I Davis’ biggest critic thought he should be tried in the second half of the 20/21 season.  I’m not convinced Smith rates him enough and include his big wages for a championship club and injury record then it’s probably a no go, same will be for Beale at QPR.

3 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

How much will Beale have worked with him though? He went on loan when Beale was with us. If anything I’d say some of the other youth players are more likely to go QPR than Davis. 

1 minute ago, mikeyp102 said:

How much will Beale have worked with him though? He went on loan when Beale was with us. If anything I’d say some of the other youth players are more likely to go QPR than Davis. 

Well wasn't the talk was Gerrard quite rated Davis while he was here but as ever the problem is actually getting him out on the pitch. So thought Beale might have liked him from training ground aswell.

DS never played him much but was seemingly fine with us giving him new 3 year deals and double money wages increasing the wage bill.

Such an enigma, Cooper took a chance on him, played a big part in them going up and him becoming premier league manager and yet dosen't seem to want him full time.

19 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

not sure West Brom finances but they could be in for him. Bruce played him when he was here

Oh what to do with Davis. A man that was used for Villa to lump it up to. And a man used by Forest as more of a second striker who could drop off, pick the ball up and run with it.

As a second striker he is premier league quality, barring injuries. Remarkably skillful for a big man, and a real team player. 

I think that we have priced him out of a move but i really do not mind that. He is a good different option. Can actually play the number 10 role as well . An alternative option for Bailey rather than Watkins. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Oh what to do with Davis. A man that was used for Villa to lump it up to. And a man used by Forest as more of a second striker who could drop off, pick the ball up and run with it.

As a second striker he is premier league quality, barring injuries. Remarkably skillful for a big man, and a real team player. 

I think that we have priced him out of a move but i really do not mind that. He is a good different option. Can actually play the number 10 role as well . An alternative option for Bailey rather than Watkins. 

He’s not going to get any time with us of any note.  He’s not PL quality at our level, at best he’ll sit on the bench because he hasn’t been sold or loaned out.  I expect he’ll be loaned out later in the window.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

Davis/Archer!

I think they could be a good combination but I dont think is any chance we will play them together in a Premier League game unless a huge injury crisis

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I think they could be a good combination but I dont think is any chance we will play them together in a Premier League game unless a huge injury crisis

They might be a good combination. But not for a team looking to challenge Top 6 in the next 2 seasons. 

I like Davis, but he really isn't a premier league player. 

Â