Keinan Davis

a-k

5 minutes ago, ender4 said:

That’s not actually what it says. The Mirror is purely speculating that IF Nottingham would be interested in making an offer, Villa would maybe sell at £15m.

Can’t link the article or quote it as I’m on my mobile googling it.

@Sam-AVFClinked the article a couple of pages back, tbh I just saw it while scrolling through twitter on my commute back home. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, VillaHatesMe said:

Leverage works both ways. Even if there isn't another team willing to pay 20m for Davis, is there another player Forrest can get for less than 20m? 

There are always other players any within England and abroad. They may be more of a risk to Davis from a footballing perspective but they could offer greater reward too. The bottom line is that if Forest walk away from a transfer for Davis the odds are we will be stuck with him and may have to loan him to the Championship again next season. Forest will be very aware of this

38 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

15m for davis, i would not only drive him there id treat him to big mac and fries on route

That doesn't fill anyone up, let alone big Keinan. Always need at least one more burger.

9 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

Fans suggesting that 15m is the bare minimum know little about negotiation and sales. Yes, you have to have the right product to sell and in the case of Forest and Davis the match is correct. However, if no other clubs are interested in Davis at a bare minimum of 20m then that weakens our position. If we could refuse 15m from Forest knowing that another club would pay 20m that would be great but there is no chance of that happening. Forest will know this and will negotiate accordingly 

Well Bournemouth had our trousers down with Mings then, didn’t they. We paid well over the odds for him at the time. Why because he was a good fit and helped us secure promotion. He wanted to join and we wanted him and Bournemouth knew this. Absolutely nobody else would have paid what we did for Mings or anywhere near if for that matter. 

• Like 2

Just now, WHY said:

Well Bournemouth had our trousers down with Mings then, didn’t they. We paid well over the odds for him at the time. Why because he was a good fit and helped us secure promotion. He wanted to join and we wanted him and Bournemouth knew this. Absolutely nobody else would have paid what we did for Mings or anywhere near if for that matter. 

Yes, they did have our trousers down with Mings.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, WHY said:

Didn’t realise he was a DM and the actual player needs to want to join.

Ignoring the DM part and back to the topic.  But Tammy integral to our play getting promotion and we ended up signing Wesley! How hard did we actually try, we’ll never know, we know he wanted to play for Chelsea being his boyhood club but did we push hard enough and want to spend the money it would’ve cost or was Wes a cheaper option.

Anyway if we get anything over 10m I’d be happy, you obviously want more.  Just hope we don’t shoot ourselves in the foot overvaluing a player we want off our books.  Not as if there will be many who have the money that will want to spend over 10m on Davis.  We only have one (maybe two out there) buyers for him.

Edited by nick76

£15m is cheap for Davis but would let him go for around that price as a goodwill gesture and thanks for his service, after him keeping as third choice for so long when he should have been getting experience it feels like we owe it to him to not make this deal too difficult. But I insist on £30m buyback clause and a financial bonus to us should he get an England call up, which I think isn't as far fetched as some might think.

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Ignoring the DM part and back to the topic.  But Tammy integral to our play getting promotion and we ended up signing Wesley!

Tammy would obviously been a better buy that Wes but who knows how he would have turned out if that **** Mee didn't do what he did. But I think Tammy would have been a lot more expensive too

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, useless said:

£15m is cheap for Davis but would let him go for around that price as a goodwill gesture and thanks for his service

What? He got paid bucket load of cash to sit on the bench or the injury table.  For all that money he earnt we got next to bucket all and didn’t we even renew his contract at one point?!?!  What a load of tosh…goodwill gesture and thanks his (non) service.

7 minutes ago, nick76 said:

What? He got paid bucket load of cash to sit on the bench or the injury table.  For all that money he earnt we got next to bucket all and didn’t we even renew his contract at one point?!?!  What a load of tosh…goodwill gesture and thanks his (non) service.

Just £10m mate.

On 29/05/2022 at 13:09, Tom13 said:

I think he has PL potential. Really do. His allround game isn't just good, it's superb.

Time to wait and see how his career pans out. Much rather we just discussed him on a game-to-game basis rather than writing him off constantly. The constant 'he's found his level!' posts are boring.

sadly Tom, they might be true.

When you study the top strikers, there game IQ is top level......Its the ability to read situations and captilise, amongst many other things of course.

When you appriase the top level......they have so many more attributes, than just good players.

The Danger here is Keinan, is such a likeable guy, and hey, he does have some good things going for him......but when you look around the top strikers, he is not there, I'm sorry to say.

He is not as good as Ollie or Danny and we are going places that are even questioning them.

If we want European football, we have to set our sights accordingly.....sentiment won't take us there.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

On 29/05/2022 at 13:10, Tom13 said:

So do you not think he's already had good performances in the PL then?

I don't recall them no.

We are talking here, about consistency too, not just an odd game.

I just don't think he is at a level, SG is trying to take us to.

On 29/05/2022 at 13:46, MWARLEY2 said:

TRO you are most probably right BUT in the back of my mind is the fact he has never ever had a run of games up until now. 

He has played just under 1200 minutes this  season, and then around 2400 minutes over the previous 5 seasons.  91 appearances with a total of 3600 minutes . 40 games worth of minutes in 6 seasons. 

He has some really impressive qualities. In fact if you look at how he plays for Forest he is a second striker. Drops off  gets the ball and then drives forward.  Exactly how i expected Leon Bailey to play like. And he attracts players to him like Jack used to , because he is so difficult to get off the ball. Very much in the Collymore mould. 

I hope that he gets a chance pre season . He is most likely not going to be the answer but it would be wrong not to give him one final chance. Or he goes to Forest on loan and we see if he gets totally negated if they come up 

At the top level, its more than just looking like  an adonis, and I appreciate he has good feet......but the top dogs are cute, and wily old foxes, who get in to positions with stealth.....I don't have to name names, but we see Son and Kane and Vardy as old as he is, ....These guys are highly intelligent football brains, who know when to go and read the game.....thats the level we have to embrace now.

Its no good just being a good player.....we are fighting for places amongst elite players......thats the territory, we are trying to crack.

Its more than just athleticism, its ball control, game intelligence and a nose for goal.......What we are looking for is prolific strikers.....a goal every 2 games, merchants.

Â