Why is Villa hated so much?

AndyBM

This question appeared on a facebook group a while ago and thought it was a good question, so credit to whom ever on here that posted it.

So i ask the same question on here, why is Villa hated so much by other clubs fans and the media? what has the club done so wrong?

As far as i can see, we're one of the league founders, we've never done any dodgey transfer deals (only questionable ones) and as far as i am to understand, we are the reason why west ham play in claret and blue as we gave a spare kit to them (could be wrong) but at least it shows sportsmanship.

9 minutes ago, AndyBM said:

This question appeared on a facebook group a while ago and thought it was a good question, so credit to whom ever on here that posted it.

So i ask the same question on here, why is Villa hated so much by other clubs fans and the media? what has the club done so wrong?

As far as i can see, we're one of the league founders, we've never done any dodgey transfer deals (only questionable ones) and as far as i am to understand, we are the reason why west ham play in claret and blue as we gave a spare kit to them (could be wrong) but at least it shows sportsmanship.

I see a lot of it as jealousy. We're not in the top 5 bracket but have had reasonable success in the PL, qualifying for Europe on many occasions. Other teams resent this

Who cares anyway? I  don't particularly want to be liked by other teams fans-We must be doing something right.

I don't think we are? Most fans I speak to from other (non-Birmingham) clubs are pretty ambivalent towards us

Pundits are being pricks at the moment because we're easy pickings for a good headline.

Edited by mwj
  • Like 4

11 minutes ago, AndyBM said:

We have shit annoying fans, I know a lot of people who support other teams that say this about Aston Villa. I imagine the media don't like us because we are not based in London or Manchester and the media don't seem to like Birmingham in general as a city anyway.

I don't think we are overly hated; I think any hatred of us has gathered momentum over the last few years as we are a big club and people like to see big clubs relegated for the hilarity factor (think Newcastle recently).  We have been stinking up the league for a couple of seasons and people have had enough of us.

Unfortunately there are also a few of our fans who are complete imbeciles who give us a bad name.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, AndyBM said:

why is Villa hated so much by other clubs fans and the media? what has the club done so wrong?

it's not. you're imagining it just like those folks that insist the media hate us

• Like 4

Pretty much all of the Midlands, we were a big fish, I think even the glory hunter fans around here (I'm surrounded by Utd and Liverpool fans) still have that anti villa mentality

Various other clubs for various other reasons, we've got a lot of history with various clubs, relegated a few, bought star players off a few others, managers off the likes of Norwich

I think the comments about Birmingham are right, we're an unfashionable team in an unfashionable city, with the C&B specs on I think even in MONs heyday when we were 3rd in the league with 3/4 England players in the team and youth players on the brink of it we never had the same sort of gushing that Southampton got in the last couple of years

Then I think you can add in that we offer very little to the PL, us going down is massive for English football, I'd say more Leeds than Newcastle, and I think that'll make the media very excited and almost wishful for it to happen

• Like 1

Â