Why is Villa hated so much?

AndyBM

Fans of other clubs in the midlands are bitter, jealous and obsessed because historically we are the biggest club in the midlands.

Newcastle dislike us because of the stick we gave them when they went down.

Sunderland dislike us because we took Bent off them.

Maybe Norwich because we took Lambert off them.

Other fans may think our fans are arrogant or annoying. They may also think we have a sense of entitlement, which is bollocks. Is it too much to expect our club not to be in relegation battles every season  when we are a PL ever present? I don't think it is

Edited by Arj Guy
  • Like 1

No one likes us, we don't care.

In all seriousness, we really don't factor that high outside the Midlands, in terms of most hated clubs. Midlands hatred comes from a mixture of jealousy, and us lording it over our neighbours. This will never change, so live with it. Embrace the hate! We may well be hated by the odd group of other fans, for various reasons, but in my experience the vast majority of other fans think it's sad to see a club of our stature in such an awful state. 

1 hour ago, sne said:

Well I live in Sweden and here pretty much no one under the age of 35 cares about us at all.

Apart from ex-pats and a sprinkling of people on forums, few people in America have heard of Aston Villa, and many of them probably think he's Pancho's brother. 

I dream of being hated here.

• Like 2

Like Newcastle because we traditionally have decent gates, we give the impression we are the bees knees

We make out we are something ,when we are not.

passion is admirable, but needs to be backed up.

we no longer have players who can help us with that I.e Andy Gray, Andy Lochead, Dean Saunders,Paul Mcgrath,Martin Laursen, Olof Mellberg,Dwight Yorke, Brian Liitle, Peter Withe, Gary Shaw, David Platt.

and more importantly..........how much did they cost individually.....just as another debate.

we have a stadium built for heroes.....but we haven't got any and that makes us the laughing stock....and why folk despise us for not showing the humility of what we really are.

Edited by TRO

I would imagine Arse fans would rather see their North London rivsls go down than us, same for all the other rivals. As has already been pointed out, we are nothing much more than the occasional embuggerance and seen as such.

Personally, I could'nt give a rats ass what anyone thinks of us. And MOTD would always struggle to fiĺl its air time if we did'nt make up the final minute and a half every week, so thats saying something.

6 hours ago, KHV said:

We have shit annoying fans, I know a lot of people who support other teams that say this about Aston Villa. I imagine the media don't like us because we are not based in London or Manchester and the media don't seem to like Birmingham in general as a city anyway.

Why are our fans worse than likes of Chelsea for instance?

In answer to the title, I wouldn't say hated bar the local rivals and Newcastle who want us down after 2009, just indifference.

In fairness it's always amusing when a big team is in turmoil and looks about to be relegated. I loved it when Newcastle went down in 2009, not just because we did it and was also enjoying it when Spurs were bottom of the league for two months a few seasons back, it's natural to take amusement from hyped teams so don't have an issue with it.

Only way we can shut people up is winning games and looking like a proper football team again.

We're not hated (apart from our bitter neighbours). Everybody wants to see us go down though because we're established. Same with Newcastle although they threw their toys out and couldn't see why we were happy to send them down. Still bitter to this day. It's okay, we'll send you down again in May.

I dont think we are hated but we are treated like a team that is making up the numbers in last few years and dont add anything to the league. Most fans of other team have said to me that sad or weird to see team like Villa go down 

Â