limpid

1 minute ago, PompeyVillan said:

Well Gestede and Sinclair aren't very good, but otherwise you can't be unhappy with that.

Both shocking players. Sinclair is brainless and his touch more often than not takes him away from goal when put through. 

Just now, supermon said:

Gestede won't be any good to us in the championship based on this performance 

but Gestede is the same thing every week though, he is one dimensional and useless when dont play to it

Stumbling through - we look comfortable enough. I can't help but feel if they had the confidence in their superiority it would show more - we're much better than these, we're not playing well and there's absolutely no confidence, but we're the better side. The game is made for Sinclair and he's not making the best of it. Richards looks as undisciplined at right back as he does at centre back, but hurts us less out there. The passing and the control hasn't been good enough, Bacuna is anonymous, Gana makes lots of errors, Richardson's brain hasn't cottoned on to the limits of his body, Gestede isn't involved - but I think we're still better enough to win it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, thunderball said:

Gestede for Ayew is a must, a waste of space for me today

I agree, but not sure if Garde will risk Ayew if we continue to lead.

Gestede has definitely done nothing though. I get the feeling it was his opportunity to show that he can be effective but he really hasn't taken it has he. Maybe Kozak can do better?

1 minute ago, rjw63 said:

Why,  are you surprised? It's the reason the game is on live TV, hoping Villa lose

They thought there would be an upset. With one in the bag already, its looking likely .

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

but Gestede is the same thing every week though, he is one dimensional and useless when dont play to it

It does beg the question doesn't it. 

Either (a) play him and play to his strengths or (b) don't play him at all. 

We have 5 midfielders out there plus two fullbacks who are looking to get forward, yet hardly any ball into the box, why is this the case? Is Garde not emphasising the need to cross the ball into that big sack of shit up front?

Gana has probably been our best midfielder - actually trying to make things happen on the ball, and has been diligent in covering for richardson when he has messed up

Westwood is neat and tidy as ever, but as usual passes off responsibility - he needs to do more than sit deep and ping the ball around. Make some runs, commit players and take them on,

Sinclair is too lightweight, and Gestede has zero idea how to make runs or create space for himself. Add in that the midfielders refuse to get forward and shoot, and its no wonder we dont really look like scoring

• Like 1

I've got a Ray Houghton / Trevor Francis combo doing the coverage and it sounds like I'm actually the lucky one.

Souness is in the studio too and he's being quite complimentary about us. Says it's never going to a pretty game, but we've matched Wycombe for energy and aggression and deserve to be ahead.