Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

im guessing the bas dost link has fizzled out?

i got to admit, id be a little dissapointed if he went to newcastle or leicester as hes a player ive liked for a few years and bought on every fm file lol, although realistically villa would never have a chance of signing him.

6 minutes ago, AndyBM said:

im guessing the bas dost link has fizzled out?

i got to admit, id be a little dissapointed if he went to newcastle or leicester as hes a player ive liked for a few years and bought on every fm file lol, although realistically villa would never have a chance of signing him.

Tony specifically squashed that rumour! Said we're after pace not height!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, rubberman said:

Bamford has said he wants premier league so I presume he's holding out for something there. 

Whats a season between friends......sorry just getting carried away.

• Like 1

https://www.kickoff.co.uk/69785/aston-villa-line-up-prolific-striker-to-boost-promotion-bid/

Aston Villa line up prolific striker to boost promotion bid

The victory over Rotherham apart, Aston Villa have struggled to score goals in the early part of the new Championship season.

Ross McCormack and Rudy Gestede may be proven performers at this level, but Roberto Di Matteo remains keen to add to his firepower before the transfer window closes.

NAHKI WELLS

According to reports in the Daily Express, Huddersfield Town striker Nahki Wells is a target for the West Midlands outfit.

This is hardly surprising given the 26-year-old’s excellent record in the second-tier, with the lively frontman scoring at a rate of better than a goal every three games

Huddersfield currently find themselves top of the Championship table, but the Yorkshire outfit have been more concerned with relegation than promotion since the Bermuda international joined them, thus making his numbers all the more impressive.

Having shared 38 goals with McCormack at this level last season, the prospect of Wells and the Scotsman linking up at Villa Park has to be seen as an enticing one:

• Like 1

On 30/06/2016 at 00:10, useless said:

We've already brought in one Premier league player. In a way we're more likely to sign Premier league players than Championship ones.

Chester, Elphick, De Laet, Jedinak all from the Prem, Gollini counts as well as him coming from Serie A, follows the same logic.If Hernandez happens that will be another.

1 hour ago, Marley the Bognor Villan said:

I havent mentioned him for a while so i'm gonna re-suggest we loan in Obbi Oulare from Watford just so the british press have a story to run tomorrow.

Too bad sir he plays for Zulte Waregem on loan from Watford ;) 

Edited by Villan4Life

Wells could be good, but not sure I believe that article, especially when they say he's an alternative to Bamford, they're two different types of player. We apparently want a fast striker, so don't know why we'd want Bamford over Wells.

7 minutes ago, Zatman said:

you think the British media would know that ;)

Yep ;) lol

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3697611/Watford-striker-Obbi-Oulare-poised-join-Belgian-outfit-Zulte-Waregem-loan.html

Watford striker Obbi Oulare is poised to join Belgian outfit Zulte Waregem on loan.

The 6ft4in forward joined Watford from Club Brugge last summer in a £6million deal but made just three appearances.

41 minutes ago, useless said:

Wells could be good, but not sure I believe that article, especially when they say he's an alternative to Bamford, they're two different types of player. We apparently want a fast striker, so don't know why we'd want Bamford over Wells.

I agree they are both different type of players however my preference remains Bamford.

• Like 1