Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

Anyone would think that me doubting that we'll sign Hernandez is some controversial opinion. I might well end up being wrong, but there's actually more to suggest that he won't sign than he will sign.

Edited by useless

Just now, useless said:

Anyone would think that me doubting that we'll sign Hernandez is some controversial opinion. I might well end up being wrong, but there's actually more to suggest that he won't sign than he will sign.

Lol, Useless you are a Legend and I thoroughly enjoy your posts. I also listen keenly and value your opinion so keep it up, I was just playin witcha!!

thumbs up excellent waynes world mike meyers

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

This guy's a **** legend. He may have his detractors but it's rare to have an owner so enthusiastic about a club.

I've taken to him.  He certainly cares, whatever his reasons for doing so,  the more he enjoys it (and I think he enjoys the spotlight), the more he he will be prepared to commit to the club

3 minutes ago, useless said:

In fairness, there is more to suggest every striker out there won't sign at this stage-We just don't know.

Based purely on what I've read, I think Hernandez is as good a shout as anyone.

Yes but I don't think it's devils advocate to think that he might not join us. Especially as Xia himself mentioned obstacles to it happening and Murphy perhaps the most reliable of the journalists has also said it's not happening. It might happen I hope it does, unless we've got someone even better, lined up.

Edited by useless
  • Like 1

The thing with Jackson. He has played 4 games in China and scored zero goals since he moved there. Rumors are he's very unhappy. He's either benched or injured in the past 6 months. 

The Chinese team probably want's to loan him to Europe to see if he regains his form somewhere else. 

3 minutes ago, electronicmaji said:

The thing with Jackson. He has played 4 games in China and scored zero goals since he moved there. Rumors are he's very unhappy. He's either benched or injured in the past 6 months. 

The Chinese team probably want's to loan him to Europe to see if he regains his form somewhere else. 

I happen to follow his club quite closely. He is happy, but he is just not good enough to play in that club. You might think he should be good enough to be a super star for Chinese league, truth is, he is very poor after a few injuries since last season and he is not good enough for the club he plays for at the moment.

I seriously doubt he will do better in English leagues.

• Like 1

This is the Jackson Martinez who is on £12.5 million / year contract in China?

Hope his club is OK with paying 80-90% of his wages while he's here :)

Edited by sne
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, terrytini said:

I doubt it.  It would've been like throwing each player into quicksand with the overarching ethos and culture pervading at the Club.

That's what makes the current achievement of getting decent players in, playing (some) decent football, stopping conceding goals, and getting fans enthused so remarkable.

To buy a few players takes money.  To make it worth it takes a Manager who has an idea what he wants to do, with back up staff, and an owner who cares what is going on and is prepared to fund it, wages, removal of deadwood, and all.

To rebuild a whole team really is like turning a super tanker around. To do that when it is in freefall AND to change the mood at an entire Club is incredible.  I've not seen it done before.

I would add the rider it is still early days, and twitter could backfire, and results might not come quickly enough to keep fans buoyant, but really, as we stand right now, this is terrific stuff.

Spot on Terry.....Tony has created a remarkable platform of positivity.....a transformation so quickly is incredible.

It is early days and we still have to gel on the pitch, but my god its encouraging.

It seems all the signings players, staff etc have one pre-requisite .....character.

Terry, you are right, its not just changing the players.... Its changing the culture and only Tony was in a position to do that.

I never really expected this.

UTV

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Gary Thomas said:

What about the loan market? Will we also try and get a couple of loans or just go with what we've got?  Definitely think we need a creative play maker in the middle.

I personally think we do our shopping thinking at least a bit long term then ship a few out then think about the loan market after the transfer deadline if the squad needs fattening

other than that it's loan with options to buy or don't bother 

I'd look at Bentaleb and Bamford on loan with a view to buy - that would provide us with enough options (if we sign another striker as mooted) across the squad and I think we'd be pretty healthy squad and ability wise.

Would also like to see the likes of Gabby, Richards and Lescott clear out their lockers for pastures new - would make an almost perfect window!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

I'd look at Bentaleb and Bamford on loan with a view to buy - that would provide us with enough options (if we sign another striker as mooted) across the squad and I think we'd be pretty healthy squad and ability wise.

Would also like to see the likes of Gabby, Richards and Lescott clear out their lockers for pastures new - would make an almost perfect window!

I'd be happy with Bamford too.

I think we really missed a trick not going for Glenn Murray.

He's a proven goalscorer at this level and has already hit the ground running.

Will Adama leave? If he doesn't I'd still look to get a wide midfielder /winger in. We need more creativity and pace. A bit like Adama to be fair just more of a rounded team player. I'd also loan in Bamford aswell as buying the no9. Games come thick and fast and we need a big squad. 

We got de laet, and it looks like Newcastle are going to get yedlin. It will be interesting to see who has the better player. I'm going to go for us. 

Just wondering if bentaleb is a realistic option, he would be a good signing at this level if you ask me. Worth, also, looking at a few young lads in action tonight and see if they are good for a loan.