Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

1 minute ago, rodders0223 said:

Always considered him to be a LB and we have three of those. Also, very very slow...and if Celtic are in a position to let you walk away then you probably aren't very good. That club has kept.on some shite over the years. 

they are about to sign the worst of the worst in coming days  *fingers crossed*

1 hour ago, alreadyexists said:

Lol. Not my words, the words of Football Insider.

Yeah I know mate wasn't laughing at you just the article that had used those words together

• Like 1

When was the last proper beard we had? Mellberg? Didn't Herd have a good one for a bit? Not sure Herd's counts though as it simply wasn't majestic. 

Edited by Qwpzxjor1

Yup probably Crespo and Tony Moon before him.

Mellberg's will always be my favourite though. Not just because he's one of my favourite players in my time supporting the club and he absolutely loves us, but because I swear there were games where he'd start the half clean shaven but end it fully enshrouded in Viking face-fuzz.

Edited by Ginko
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Its greedy I know but I really want a good right back, it such a long time since we've had a good one.

There's nothing greedy about wanting player of a calibre that fits AVFC.

The simple fact is that we need a right back.  I think the general feeling is that other areas are priority (namely midfield).  However, a RB is definitely needed.

My concern s that several PL teams have weak full backs-Finding one that is an improvement an also prepared to sign for a championship club may not be as easy as it sounds.

6 minutes ago, Butterfingers said:

The simple fact is that we need a right back.  I think the general feeling is that other areas are priority (namely midfield).  However, a RB is definitely needed.

My concern s that several PL teams have weak full backs-Finding one that is an improvement an also prepared to sign for a championship club may not be as easy as it sounds.

I wish we still had Lowton.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Butterfingers said:

We could ask West Ham if we can loan Sam Byram for the season.