Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

23 minutes ago, mwj said:

The same Dwight Gayle who went partying it up with Gabby and Micah in Dubai a few months back?

****. NO.

The very one.  Have had enough of his type at Villa to do me a life time.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, mwj said:

The same Dwight Gayle who went partying it up with Gabby and Micah in Dubai a few months back?

****. NO.

Players are normal people and party, his team were not in the same situation as ours. Not applicable IMO and ridiculous to bring up.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Players are normal people and party, his team were not in the same situation as ours. Not applicable IMO and ridiculous to bring up.

Whats ridiculous about it?  Why take the risk on a player who likes to party especially when there are other less risky players out there with same ability. 

4 minutes ago, mwj said:

And the fact you can look past shit like that after the season we've all just endured beggars belief mate

How am I looking past it? I am referencing to Dwight Gayle, NOT Gabby! I made my thoughts clear on how upset I was with his antics at the time and I have always been one of his biggest supporters. So are we going to pass up on every player which has partied or been pictured drinking etc? You will find your list dwindles quite quickly.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

See above 

• Like 1

Hopefully the club has a bit more vision and ambition than signing the likes of Dwight Gayle. Not much more than a goalscorer, unfortunately for him the only league he has scored heavily in was the Conference North. The Dubai trip alone should rule him out by right. I'd rather someone hungrier with greater potential.

Edited by Kuwabatake Sanjuro
  • Like 1

The only reason we knew Gabby and Co were in Dubai was because the media were after them as we were rock bottom and it made a decent story. I guarantee over the years plenty of our players have been there but it's not news when you're mid table. I've no idea of Gayles personality but I think on ability he'd be a good signing. Most of us would have Gareth Barry back in an instant and he's allegedly got an injunction in place due to his off field antics! It's the attitude they have at the training ground that counts. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, dn1982 said:

The only reason we knew Gabby and Co were in Dubai was because the media were after them as we were rock bottom and it made a decent story. I guarantee over the years plenty of our players have been there but it's not news when you're mid table. I've no idea of Gayles personality but I think on ability he'd be a good signing. Most of us would have Gareth Barry back in an instant and he's allegedly got an injunction in place due to his off field antics! It's the attitude they have at the training ground that counts. 

That's a very good point actually, as players (from various European leagues) are spotted over here quite often. It speaks to the intelligence of our thick lot that they must know they're in the cross-hairs of the redtops and should surely be on their best behavior.

Especially as club captains. Dunces!

Hypothetically speaking Gayle Bamford, Gestede with support from Hepburn-Murphy does have a nice balance to it, and gives us different options to mix up play. 

Would rather keep Ayew than sign Gayle, but that's gunna be tricky. 

Gayles trip to Dubai, (maybe unfairly) though has raised doubts about him and his attitude IMO.  It's hard not taint him with the same brush as our supposed captains, even though he didn't attract negative headlines. As someone pointed out Palace weren't bottom at the time. But I'm sure for the cash we could find someone else. 

1 hour ago, mwj said:

All I'll say is that I think we have enough members of the squad with mediocre attitudes, some model professionals in the Kevin Nolan, Gareth Barry mould would be high on my shopping list.

Barry would be ace- never had any pace to lose, so no issues there. I think he might just fancy this. Good shout.

5 minutes ago, Qwpzxjor1 said:

Would rather do what it takes to keep Ayew and Gestede than go after Gayle. Would definitely like Bamford though.

Keeping Ayew would be massive, Gestede while a useful option to have I wouldn't be too unhappy to see him leave. Would rather a big man with a good touch.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Qwpzxjor1 said:

Would rather do what it takes to keep Ayew and Gestede than go after Gayle. Would definitely like Bamford though.

Keep Gestede? You're having a laugh!

He is absolute crap