Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

Might be a good player but if it's one thing I really loathe in football it's choreographed goal celebrations.

Never understood why it's a yellow card to pull off your shirt and celebrate with the fans, but it's OK to do the conga or to do a 2 min dance routine.

Edited by sne
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

To be fair I don't know if he was overhyped or if it was a simple but constant referral to the yoof World Cup he won

Yes, that's what I was referring to, he has some very good attributes like his handling and distribution but it's always hard to make it here especially as a keeper. I think he's the last remaining member of the 2010 fa youth cup runners up side, apart from Gary Gardner but if memory serves, he was injured at the time

Edited by sir_gary_cahill

Apparently he's out of contract and not signing a new deal. I'm not sure how concrete that news is, but I think the 'Daily Mail' and a few other places, are reporting it. Fulham and Preston North End, are appparennttly interested.

Edited by useless

3 minutes ago, useless said:

Apparently he's out of contract and not signing a new deal. I'm not sure how concrete that news is, but I think the 'Daily Mail' and a few other places, are reporting it. Fulham and Preston North End, are appparennttly interested.

Thanks useless, it would be a shame if he left but he is 21 now, he needs to get his career going. When he was 15 or 16, there were few better players in the country in his position but like Delfouneso before him, he never developed, it's sad

• Like 1

I liked the look of him in the 'next generation' tournament. He still might go on to do well for himself, like Graham at Wolves and Daniel Johnson at Preston.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, useless said:

I liked the look of him in the 'next generation' tournament. He still might go on to do well for himself, like Graham at Wolves and Daniel Johnson at Preston.

He will have a good career no doubt, he's not as naturally gifted as the other 2 that you just mentioned but he does have great work ethic and willingness to improve as a player

• Like 1

6 hours ago, sonic_bouma said:

Why am I seeing Twitter rumours that we are in advanced talks with Daniel Ayala from Boro for 9m? Why on earth would he swap the prem for us and why would they let him go to us after he was in the championship team of the season?

i smell bull faeces.

Rumour started by @ForestEchoNews. Basically it is a dummy newspaper set up by someone who has then gone to the trouble of setting up 4 or 5 journalist accounts pretending to work at this pretend newspaper. Making up nonsense on twitter like Messi going to jail for 22 years but also other plausible rumours to get some attention. School kids eh.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sne said:

Might be a good player but if it's one thing I really loathe in football it's choreographed goal celebrations.

Never understood why it's a yellow card to pull off your shirt and celebrate with the fans, but it's OK to do the conga or to do a 2 min dance routine.

Yellow card to take off your shirt is to protect the sponsors who pay money to be on the football shirt and at the key moment that gets the most publicity i.e. goal and following celebration is where it gets most audience viewing and if a player takes off his shirt then they lose that exposure

Yellow card for celebrating with the fans has been viewed as exciting the fans too much which could lead to trouble.....weird way of looking at it but apparently true.

The other celebrations seem to be fine

• Like 1

1 minute ago, El-Reacho said:

Bamford linked in the Express - £10m apparently. Newcastle and Norwich after him too.

Pity.  I think our main hope of signing players like that is if we are the best club in for them and with those two I'm not sure we are

13 hours ago, Woodytom said:

It's imperative that whoever the players are, they try.

I think that this season will be entirely different and we could potentially be surprised by the likes of Lescott or Richards. There's an argument that the total apathy of the senior squad last season, was just an extension of the whole club from Lerner down. If the stories of the fitness coaches turning up for pre-season that didn't know how to take a fitness training session, or the scouts that live in Australia or are full time students are true it shows that there was zero accountability throughout the whole club. The players didn't care because no one else did.

If Dr Xia is true to his word and moves to Birmingham and is at BH every day next season - everyone at the club will have to perform at their best and that will surely filter into the squad. If someone hires fitness coaches who are totally unqualified for the job they'll be sacked.