Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

10 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I keep saying this but what about the Kalinic fella we tried to sign? Would it be more, or less difficult to get it done in the championship. I also find it funny how Guzan is now US number 1. Either they are really crap, or we proper destroy players here.

he still wont get a work permit

• Like 1

2 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Southampton released Gaston Ramirez. Never really did much in the prem but played a big part in Boro going up.

Would imagine they'll want to take him on a permanent deal but if not we should be in like a shot.

He's fallen rather dramatically hasn't he. There was a time when he was at Bologna where he was seen as one of the brightest young players in Europe.

Southampton released Gaston Ramirez. Never really did much in the prem but played a big part in Boro going up.

Would imagine they'll want to take him on a permanent deal but if not we should be in like a shot.

He did really well at Boro, I'd take him but I imagine they'll sign him.

24 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

He's fallen rather dramatically hasn't he. There was a time when he was at Bologna where he was seen as one of the brightest young players in Europe.

Yes still a regular in the Uruguay squad but more due to their lack of depth due to population.

Pretty sure Liverpool wanted to sign him for massive money so would've probably gone down as another Comolli flop....

Would be quality for that division but will surely go to Boro based on his performances for them.

On ‎5‎/‎25‎/‎2016 at 07:47, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I keep saying this but what about the Kalinic fella we tried to sign? Would it be more, or less difficult to get it done in the championship. I also find it funny how Guzan is now US number 1. Either they are really crap, or we proper destroy players here.

They (We), me being an American, are really really crap at the international level. He does decently well, definitely not a problem for us, its all the other positions mainly midfield and strikers/wingers. I just think when he gets with the US team he doesn't have all that pressure on his back and performs a little better. Still not great though...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

Anybody know if Ramirez did any good at Boro?

Supposedly he did very well. I've seen a couple posters in here have mentioned him and have said they see Boro signing him because he has done a job for them.

2 hours ago, 007√ said:

They (We), me being an American, are really really crap at the international level. He does decently well, definitely not a problem for us, its all the other positions mainly midfield and strikers/wingers. I just think when he gets with the US team he doesn't have all that pressure on his back and performs a little better. Still not great though...

Isn't Howard number one again now he's come out of international retirement?

He's also back in MLS so wouldn't shock me if Guzan goes back home as Howard will be more visible to the public playing in it,

Just now, VillaChris said:

Isn't Howard number one again now he's come out of international retirement?

He's also back in MLS so wouldn't shock me if Guzan goes back home as Howard will be more visible to the public playing in it,

Klinnsman is trying to weedout Howard due to his age and try to bleed in a younger GK. Howard has hinted that he wants to retire from International duty for good. The friendly yesterday against Ecuador, Howard wasn't even picked and was supposed to be on vacation, but the backup keeper to Guzan picked up an injury in training and Howard received the phone call that they needed him and he literally had to turn the plane around and fly into DFW airport in Dallas for the friendly. We are very short on "good" keepers here in the states, just like every other position sadly. As the Copa America rolls around the corner, I see Guzan starting and Howard essentially the third string GK, but when Russia comes, he will be no where near the squad going.

Here's an idea - why don't we ship out the crap to China on some deal.  They can wander about earning a last paycheck for a year, we get rid and we'll go over and do tours there as I'm sure we're planning to anyway.  There must be some way to swing that.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, 007√ said:

Klinnsman is trying to weedout Howard due to his age and try to bleed in a younger GK. Howard has hinted that he wants to retire from International duty for good. The friendly yesterday against Ecuador, Howard wasn't even picked and was supposed to be on vacation, but the backup keeper to Guzan picked up an injury in training and Howard received the phone call that they needed him and he literally had to turn the plane around and fly into DFW airport in Dallas for the friendly. We are very short on "good" keepers here in the states, just like every other position sadly. As the Copa America rolls around the corner, I see Guzan starting and Howard essentially the third string GK, but when Russia comes, he will be no where near the squad going.

Interesting stuff, cheers for that double 0.

America's always produced good keepers, Meola, Friedel, Kasey Keller etc so surprised you don't seem to have much youth coming through.

Yeah seen a few American games in last year and team lacks spark and dosen't seem to have much youth coming through so looks like the perceived high of the 2014 world cup will stay that way for a while. 

57 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Interesting stuff, cheers for that double 0.

America's always produced good keepers, Meola, Friedel, Kasey Keller etc so surprised you don't seem to have much youth coming through.

Yeah seen a few American games in last year and team lacks spark and dosen't seem to have much youth coming through so looks like the perceived high of the 2014 world cup will stay that way for a while. 

We have, but the pipeline has dried up. We have 0 spark, apart from our dream player in Christian Pulisic, but he could turn out to be a flop since he's still only 17 years old.

Other then Christian Pulisic, DeAndre Yedlin, and Matt Miazga, we have no quality what so ever! Matt Miazga (who I know personally and played with and against in my youth) has even mentioned on changing his nationality, but I doubt he can at this stage, I believe he is locked in for the US. I'm not even sure if we can field a full squad once Russia comes around, still quite a bits ways away, but all are "good" players are in their 30's and 35 years + now. We just have a few sparks and the rest are average to absolutely horrendous players. We literally have 0 strikers also, our best striker is Jozy Altidore who makes Gestede look like Messi!

• Like 1