Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

32 minutes ago, meme said:

How about Osman? Would bring much needed experience into the heart of the midfield.

Well past his best, not as nippy as he used to be which just means he is a tidy player who will fail to penetrate defences. I'd rather keep Gil and try develop Grealish/Green.

1 minute ago, dounavilla said:

I think it can happen.

Moyes, money, captaincy and I have the feeling he honestly loved his time with us.

Plus it would be his final career move and I couldn't see if starting under a new manager at Everton week in week out.

Wasn't he Everton's player of the season? Don't think they would be too willing to get rid of him.

18 minutes ago, villanwesty88 said:

I agree. That is why I think having ex Villa players in coaching staff and important roles is essential (where possible - they have to be qualified of course). People who have the club in their hearts are the ones we need as they will walk through walls for us. Youth players are likely to have this ethos too. The more people with good 'whys' in this club from top to bottom the better. 

Who are the ones would play / represent / work for Aston Villa if there was no money in the world? 

Think some Villa people will help, but having an owner, directors and manager with a solid vision - pulling in the same direction is vital. 

Like you said, it then feeds through the whole club and transmits that energy - it's what has happened at Leicester. Money helps, but not if you buy the wrong type of players. This manager appointment is so important so we sign the right players. 

Edited by GeneralJazzman
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, PieFacE said:

Wasn't he Everton's player of the season? Don't think they would be too willing to get rid of him.

They would if we offer them enough.

#bringbackbarry

Edited by dounavilla

1 minute ago, rodders0223 said:

What would you offer for a 35 year old footballer?

Well personally I couldn't offer him a pot to piss in. But I'd say 4-6mil might persuade them ? This figure is a pure guess on my part.

1 minute ago, rodders0223 said:

What would you offer for a 35 year old footballer?

Everton have a new owner and will have a new manager, barry deffo gonna be looking at options. The timing is perfect, Barry's age, Everton's situation, our situation. Moyes first but should that happen I would go as far to say it has to be nailed on, feels so right baby!

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, villanwesty88 said:

I agree. That is why I think having ex Villa players in coaching staff and important roles is essential (where possible - they have to be qualified of course). People who have the club in their hearts are the ones we need as they will walk through walls for us. Youth players are likely to have this ethos too. The more people with good 'whys' in this club from top to bottom the better. 

Who are the ones would play / represent / work for Aston Villa if there was no money in the world? 

They should get us on the board :D

7 minutes ago, GeneralJazzman said:

Think some Villa people will help, but having an owner, directors and manager with a solid vision - pulling in the same direction is vital. 

Like you said, it then feeds through the whole club and transmits that energy - it's what has happened at Leicester. Money helps, but not if you buy the wrong type of players. This manager appointment is so important so we sign the right players. 

100% agree! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dounavilla said:

Well personally I couldn't offer him a pot to piss in. But I'd say 4-6mil might persuade them ? This figure is a pure guess on my part.

That would be between £80kpw-£120kpw I believe, not sure I'd want to be paying someone that in the Championship, no matter how rich we were.

3 minutes ago, dounavilla said:

That's the problem for me. To make it tempting it would need to be more than a couple of million. There is zero resale and his legs could go any day now.

How many years has Gazza Bazza got left on his contract? Maybe it's not as far fetched as I thought. I'd like to think he's still fond of his time here and maybe the draw of being a Holte End Hero again would tempt him.