Ratings & Reactions: Everton v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Manager's Performance

2. 2. Refereeing Performance

I also blame the constant international breaks too. Just no chance to build momentum. 3 weeks and stop all the time. Plus of course we lost Amavi in this one . No more now until March i think. Need to get some good momentum now. 

1 minute ago, Hev said:

I also blame the constant international breaks too. Just no chance to build momentum. 3 weeks and stop all the time. Plus of course we lost Amavi in this one . No more now until March i think. Need to get some good momentum now. 

We've got momentum. In a downward direction ;)

Stay cool folks ..... one point from Man City & Everton is more than any team in our position should expect to get. Key is how we perform against weaker teams starting next week.

Playing 4-5-1 was right but including Grealish in there was wrong. Jack is nothing unless we are playing on the front foot and that was never going to happen today. Gana and Veretout were poor and Richardson hugely weak at full back.

Positives were Hutton who was decent but most of all Ayew who was a shining light throughout. If we do survive this season, Ayew will be THE main man !

Edited by Paul33
  • Like 2

They're laughing at us so hard on TSN in Canada [emoji20] . "There's nothing I love more than sitting here on a Saturday and watching Aston Villa get thumped" one of them said. We are a joke.

Who gives a toss what some no mark pundits in an irrelevant country say! Do Canadians even know what football is?

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Supervillan78 said:

Congratulations Randy this is your legacy, now please F@#K OFF!! .

Nah mate... I don't want him to **** off... If we have to watch it go down in flames, so should he...

That man has ruined our great club....

Not Faulkner
Not Houllier
Not McCleish
Not Lambert

Christ... Not even Sherwood....

Randolph D. Lerner...

Hate every cell in that septic pricks body...

• Like 1

So naive by Garde, hopefully he won't be again. I expected a hammering when I saw the line-up.

He now has no doubts of the size of task he has taken on here.

He should have learned a lot today. I expect to never see a similar tactical choice again.

• Like 1

We're so shit.. Not much else I can think of to say really. If Garde can somehow turn this around then give the man a statue and name a stand after him, cause he'll be an instant legend. I just don't think anything can be done at this point.

5 minutes ago, pacbuddies said:

The guy has been in post for 2 games and has faced 2 very good teams and has inherited a team bottom of the league and seriously damaged by the previous 2 cretins that managed the club. Cut him some slack and let him do his job.

Had we gone down fighting fair enough, but there was nothing but the team rolling over.

I see no difference from the previous regime, maybe it runs deeper than the manager?

6 minutes ago, Villastine said:

So naive by Garde, hopefully he won't be again. I expected a hammering when I saw the line-up.

Strange, some posters in the pre-match thread described the lineup as "superb" and "fine".

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jim said:

I see no difference from the previous regime, maybe it runs deeper than the manager?

You think?!?!

We've been on a gradual downward spiral over 6 seasons, under many managers. The club is rotten.

• Like 1

I've got two points to make:

1. I only really get despondent when we lose games I think we have a chance of winning (or not losing). This wasn't one of them. Disappointing for sure, but not unexpected.

2. A loss hurts a lot less when I don't sit through the game and watch it. Went out for a (freeeeezing cold) cycle around Richmond Park instead. 

The result (Everton away) wasn't a issue most teams in bottom half will get beat there but the performance was massively worrying ,we have to improve massively and do it quick otherwise were gone FWIW I still believe we will stay up but need to start picking up points fast starting next weekend

• Like 1

What is this standout line up that all our current and previous managers have failed to select?

i have my choice, but I guess it's no better that the next mans.

i believe if you chose the worst or the best subject to opinions, it would make no difference to our results.

6 minutes ago, TRO said:

What is this standout line up that all our current and previous managers have failed to select?

i have my choice, but I guess it's no better that the next mans.

i believe if you chose the worst or the best subject to opinions, it would make no difference to our results.

I think this is the truth here. Good squads don't pick up 1 point in 10 games.

I like Gil but the way some go on about him here you think he's a world class player who's going to single handly win us games. He was totally ineffective today.

I like Grealish but without Delph and Benteke to play 1-2s with, he is ineffective at this moment.

I can't say we have a 11 who I think could even win two games in a row. Two draws in a row would feel like massive progress but won't be getting us out of the bottom 3 anytime soon.

• Like 3