The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

A manager is supposed to get the best from the squad, he is supposed to motivate them, organise them, fire them up and get committed performances week in week out from them. A manager is supposed to make the right team selections, make the right substitutions at the right times and be tactically astute.

Does Garde do any of these things?

No

Au revoir Remi, your not very good at this

• Like 2

Id also question the wisdom of publicly saying "they're not good enough" or "lack quality" when confidence was obviously very low to begin with.

Sherwood was slated and still is for hanging players out to dry. Remi has hung the lot out more than once now.

He cannot motivate the players at all, yes i know they are shite but he has had 0 effect on them at all

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, thunderball said:

I am certain Garde will go, he seems a sensible man and the whole club is a monster basket case, this mess will take years to turn round - why waste your career in this poisoned place.

A very large broom is needed, there is not one person in the whole club who is worth keeping from Lerner down. I even think Garde can do nothing more and maybe he also has to go, he has totally lost the dressing room, it must be like a zoo in there, they are a bunch of money grabbing, mercenary, lazy, self serving losers, and no one is good enough for the premier league. I just don't see him staying.

I totally agree with everything you have said.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

I feel sorry for the bloke, I really do 

I do to some extent. But we're not a charity, he's being paid a lot of money. If he's truly unhappy he can walk at anytime. He needs to prove he deserves the opportunity to bring this club back up and build something. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Fun Factory said:

With each mind-numbing passing week I still wonder why Garde took the job on, other than to gain some premier league experience as a manager. We offer nothing as a football club.

I believe they had two plans when he started

plan a. when he signed in October was that he would definitely have funds in January, IF we were in touching distance.

plan b. Was if we look even more likely to be relegated they would not agree to Contracts with PL level wages

1 hour ago, kurtsimonw said:

Remi must love Lerner. The hatred towards him makes his his own lack of ability generally looked over.

Oh behave. After january, I'd guess Remi hates Lerner as much as we do. In fact, he clearly refused an opportunity to defend Lerner in his post match interview. 

19 minutes ago, MikeMcKenna said:

I believe they had two plans when he started

plan a. when he signed in October was that he would definitely have funds in January, IF we were in touching distance.

plan b. Was if we look even more likely to be relegated they would not agree to Contracts with PL level wages

In January we were getting within touching distance and the club did not back the manager at all. Since then I think Garde has thought sod this.

2 minutes ago, Bunnski said:

One was backed and given a fair crack at things here, the other has been shafted and offered no support from above. It's not a fair comparison.

One spent 55 million assembling the worst squad in the league. One had to try and pick up the pieces.

• Like 3

Â