The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

Well in the summer we was all buzzing about the arrival of Ray Wilkins and that didn't turn out to well. Let's hope we as fans have this one wrong as well.

# not doubting his ability, just reference to the underwhelming nature of the appointment.

Gardes choice according to Percy in the Telegraph, also Black is fluent in French from his time at Metz apparently and was 'headhunted' by Garde. 

I back him with this, he knows what he's doing. It'll help to further integrate the French contingent. 

1 minute ago, HanoiVillan said:

What on earth made Nixon decide to give that announcement a big build up? Now he just looks like a tit. 

You could say its us fans that are the tits for getting worked up over a journos tweet. 

4 minutes ago, a m ole said:

It's weird of Nixon to make out like an assistant manager is exciting news and something we really need and good news with a week left in a transfer window. He made the tweet something to get worked up about.

Didn't he do something similar earlier in the season? I may be thinking of someone else but i seem to remember something like 'big news from Aston Vila tomorrow' and it turned out to be a negative story. 

4 minutes ago, a m ole said:

It's weird of Nixon to make out like an assistant manager is exciting news and something we really need and good news with a week left in a transfer window. He made the tweet something to get worked up about.

I guess he knew we were desperate for some good news and he was aware this was likely to be the best news he would be able to give us during this window.

Welcome Eric. Can I be the first to mention that we could do with a new striker? 

5 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

:crylaugh:

Dave do you just log onto VillaTalk, search for the word "gabby", and have a rant about him in whatever thread he's being discussed? :D

Hardly a rant though Stevo, please! You have a point though I won't pretend otherwise.

you see I'm not really a believer in the gentleman's ability to play for our great club.

but do me a favour Stevo, put your hand on your heart and tell me I'm wrong, do you really honestly believe he's good enough?

11 minutes ago, a m ole said:

It's all about drumming up interest, just another version of twitter clickbait.

6 minutes ago, Dave J said:

Hardly a rant though Stevo, please! You have a point though I won't pretend otherwise.

you see I'm not really a believer in the gentleman's ability to play for our great club.

but do me a favour Stevo, put your hand on your heart and tell me I'm wrong, do you really honestly believe he's good enough?

No I don't.

It's just funny, I never see you post about anything else. But as soon as someone mentions Gabby you pounce on it like a lion :)

I haven't seen an obsession this strong since Woodytom and Ashley Westwood

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, av1 said:

Well in the summer we was all buzzing about the arrival of Ray Wilkins and that didn't turn out to well. Let's hope we as fans have this one wrong as well.

# not doubting his ability, just reference to the underwhelming nature of the appointment.

Being thoroughly underwhelmed has become a consistent precedent these days...

6 minutes ago, StigVillan said:

Being thoroughly underwhelmed has become a consistent precedent these days...

Indeed. The only way is up (after we go down of course)

15 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

No I don't.

It's just funny, I never see you post about anything else. But as soon as someone mentions Gabby you pounce on it like a lion :)

I haven't seen an obsession this strong since Woodytom and Ashley Westwood

Not strictly true Stevo, but at least we agree on the main issue.

7 minutes ago, dn1982 said:

The club wanted Round and I seems now Garde has chosen Black 

Interesting again, because when Round came and spoke to Garde, he didn't accept a coaching role and said that Garde already had his assistant and staff and didn't want the more junior role he was offered - he did say that he liked what Garde was trying to do. 

Who has been acting as assistant manager and what was the name of the guy that Garde wanted to bring with him from France but we couldn't get?

7 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Interesting again, because when Round came and spoke to Garde, he didn't accept a coaching role and said that Garde already had his assistant and staff and didn't want the more junior role he was offered - he did say that he liked what Garde was trying to do. 

Who has been acting as assistant manager and what was the name of the guy that Garde wanted to bring with him from France but we couldn't get?

I believe it's been Reginald Ray standing in as Asst Mgr. Can't remember the others' names, but it was two of them from Lyon. 

Â