The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

I liked the dropping of Guzan and Richards but I give him no credit for the performance on the pitch.

I'll bite.

Why?

It's not the managers fault every time we lose and it isn't because of him every time we win. We won tonight because the players gave everything and Palace didn't turn up although we defended mostly well. The bare minimum expected from a professional football team is 100% effort and it's taken him 20 games to get it. You want me to praise him for that? Let's see if we get it next game.

I'm delighted with the win but I don't think it had anything to do with this chancer.

2 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

It's not the managers fault every time we lose and it isn't because of him every time we win. We won tonight because the players gave everything and Palace didn't turn up although we defended mostly well. The bare minimum expected from a professional football team is 100% effort and it's taken him 20 games to get it. You want me to praise him for that? Let's see if we get it next game.

I'm delighted with the win but I don't think it had anything to do with this chancer.

Don't those 2 bits contradict each other pal?

Beat a very difficult side tonight, Pardew is a wily old fox.

i didn't see this coming.

i hope they gain much confidence from this....and at home too.....easier to get a smash and grab away from home.....so this is all the more sweet for me.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TRO said:

Beat a very difficult side tonight, Pardew is a wily old fox.

i didn't see this coming.

i hope they gain much confidence from this....and at home too.....easier to get a smash and grab away from home.....so this is all the more sweet for me.

YEah, we really needed that.  Remi needs to now convince those players he used that was them, they did it and they can continue doing it.

Oh and stick by some of the players who turned up to be counted tonight, because they played like they actually wanted to win.

• Like 1

Palace's record on the road this season is fantastic. The goal was lucky but I don't think anyone would disagree with the fact we deserved to win tonight, Its a very good result. 

When you consider that Gabby (club captain) and Guzan are 2 of our longest serving players, Richards is team captain, Remi really (and rightly) doesn't give a hoot about dropping players. I like that, I think he'll be trying to bomb a few out over the next few months. 

21 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

Class!!

5 minutes ago, av1 said:

Palace's record on the road this season is fantastic. The goal was lucky but I don't think anyone would disagree with the fact we deserved to win tonight, Its a very good result. 

I've got a fair few palace fans from my time in London, they do like to post "banter" on my facebook wall.

Today they just accepted that we deserved it more than they did.

finally a manager picked a team most fans would pick and we won a game. I saw the line up and thought. Spot on. With the exception of Richards.. but if he was carrying a knock was a good decision.

Well played Remi. Keep it going,

The whole team fought for the full 90 minutes and it was a great performance, well done Remi. Keep playing with that heart and effort and we could start picking up regular wins especially if we sign a couple of decent players. Beat Leicester and we could be 5 points from safety with 16 games left if results go our way.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, KSV said:

finally a manager picked a team most fans would pick and we won a game. I saw the line up and thought. Spot on. With the exception of Richards.. but if he was carrying a knock was a good decision.

Well played Remi. Keep it going,

Sometimes I wonder if us fans expect too much, and maybe we don't see the bigger picture.

But we were all calling this team in the pre-match thread, I even used the words "tasty"...low and behold a good selection went on to play better and won.

• Like 1

Exceptional for Garde to get that level of performance given our general situation and only days after a right mess.

Really isn't easy to do.

If, IF, that's an example of what we will get more of from him its a very good sign.  There was real effort, desire, determination and commitment, allied with some good football. 

We also seem fitter suddenly, even Kozak going a full 90. Hopefully that too was the first signs of that side of things finally improving.

• Like 1

I also thought he correctly left bringing on substitutes til late. I commented to a couple of the lads around me that I felt as they were all fighting for each other he should leave them to it until their legs started going. Thought he was spot on tonight and although we haven't had the results since he has been here he hasn't done much wrong. I really like Remi as our manager and given time and help will get us back to where we belong.

Final point. Really nice comments from Pardew tonight regarding the performance and towards the club in his post match interviews. Hats off to the bloke.  

• Like 2

Agree with it or not. We've really improved at home since this guy came.

I don't think a team this far at the bottom would out-play top half teams at home this way.

Btw, How long we haven't beat Alan Pardew for? was he the manager when Collins scored the winner under Houllier (I was at VP that game)?

2 hours ago, R.Bear said:

Seems a little harsh on Remi. The Lyon fans used to call him Remi Guardiola. He's highly thought of by both Wenger and Houllier. What you think of Sherwood must be really something to read if you think Remi is a chancer.

He's stuck with what he's got and unfortunately can't attract the personnel he needs to play the way he wants. The ones who are here will take time to adjust and who knows how many of them simply don't have the game to do that at any time - too many, I fear.

The Wycombe manager said that preparing for us was a nightmare because we keep changing our setup. Remi has to set us up to win points yet find out about his players which involves experimentation and taking risks. A tough ask.

Given the situation we found ourselves in after Sherwood, it was difficult to find someone good. Lots want to manage us, but how many would we want?

I think he's a good manager - perhaps his flaw is he will prove to be the right man at the wrong time.

I certainly give him credit for taking the risk with his reputation. This club's been grinding managers up and spitting them out.

• Like 3

Â