The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

Just now, Blasterpocket68 said:

Rubbish don't like the idea of a third manager , but this is a garbage appointment were going down with no fight with a team That will struggle in the championship. This has to change now or we will continue to struggle!

What exactly makes you think that simply changing manager AGAIN will somehow stop us from struggling? The problems run so much deeper than the manager.

2 minutes ago, Mantis said:

What a ridiculous comment. So because I don't want some backwards manager who will only be a good short-term option at best that means I'm just content to "watch the decline"?

I'm not even sitting on the fence either - I've already said I think we should stick with Garde.

Splinters me thinks

Just now, Blasterpocket68 said:

Splinters me thinks

What? I've said multiple times I want to see us stick with Garde - that isn't sitting on the fence and if it is then so is you wanting Pearson.

Edited by Mantis

Mantis football is all about opinions. Our club is in dire straight on off the pitch. 

I can't continue to accept thou performances like the one yesterday. This is down to a manager who in my opinion is out of his depth and should not have been appointed. We all agree now it very unlikely we will survive. I don't want another managerial appointment but what do we do continue to break records no one wants? I believe we should appoint a manager who can build a team now to prepare us for a chance of bouncing out of the championship starting now.

again I don't IMO believe Garde is the man for this. 

2 minutes ago, Blasterpocket68 said:

Mantis football is all about opinions. Our club is in dire straight on off the pitch. 

I can't continue to accept thou performances like the one yesterday. This is down to a manager who in my opinion is out of his depth and should not have been appointed. We all agree now it very unlikely we will survive. I don't want another managerial appointment but what do we do continue to break records no one wants? I believe we should appoint a manager who can build a team now to prepare us for a chance of bouncing out of the championship starting now.

There you go then. You have yours and I have mine. You want to replace Garde with Pearson, I want to keep Garde. How am I sitting on the fence? If I was sitting on the fence I'd be saying something like "let's see how the next couple of months go before getting rid" whereas for me unless something drastic happens I'd like to see Garde given the chance to brings us back up. Again, that isn't fence-sitting.

4 minutes ago, Blasterpocket68 said:

And his "opinion" is different to yours. 

Wait. What? Replace Garde with Pearson?

I really hope the reasoning for that isn't "Look what he did last season around this time to get Leicester to safety. He can do that again".

That's the only feather I see in his cap.

Edited by sexbelowsound
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, andym said:

I don't get why people keep using 'he got us to the FA cup final' line, forgetting it was a cup final final we were absolutely humiliated in, one of the most one-sided finals i have seen, and where we couldn't have complained if Arsenal had scored double what they did. 

And as for 'he kept us up', well yes he did a decent job, but when he took over we were only in the relegation zone on goal difference and were only 2 points of 14th. 

and I don't get why people have such selective memory and forget these facts.

20 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

I really hope the reasoning for that isn't "Look what he did last season around this time to get Leicester to safety. He can do that again".

Right now it's a lot more than garde seems to be offering.

29 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

That's the only feather we need right now,would make a good addition to the staff not a replacement for Garde.

That's the only feather we need right now,would make a good addition to the staff not a replacement for Garde.

I do think that Pearson would currently be doing a better job and add things stand I am of the belief that he would also do a better job in the championship. However, I can absolutely see the logic in not appointing him, after Sherwood yet more public embarrassment was the last thing we wanted. I was totally against him.

If we could turn the clock back I'd bite the bullet and I'm not totally averse to the idea now, if they really think there's still a chance. Because I don't. If not, then either Garde improves or we find somebody hopefully better than both of them, short and long term, in the summer. Because Pearson might well be a good coach, certainly a fantastic motivator in the short term, but he's also an absolute bastard and a massively destructive influence.

Â