Villa Kit 2016/7

Frank Raphael

41 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

Anyone know when the new kit will be announced?

We always seems to launch ours later than other clubs for some reason, even when retaining the same manufacturer.

Because like everything with Villa there is no long term plan so different sponsors every year mean delayed kit releases also when changing manufacturer the previous ones contract runs till June/July.  Pants I know but that's the way it is.

Edited by S-Platt

On ‎14‎/‎05‎/‎2016 at 22:29, av1 said:

Its remarkable that a few blokes on fans forum can knock up better looking designs in half hour than some of the kits we've been subjected to over the years. 

I find this odd too. It's all too rare you see well designed football kits. Most of them look terrible whereas "amatuers" on a football websites can knock up really good kits that never see the light of day.

4 minutes ago, villa89 said:

I find this odd too. It's all too rare you see well designed football kits. Most of them look terrible whereas "amatuers" on a football websites can knock up really good kits that never see the light of day.

I may be wrong, but perhaps a lot comes down to cost at the end of the day, plus the need to satisfy multiple teams using template designs. 

@NurembergVillan is the authority on sports wear so may shed some insight on the design process.

On 16 May 2016 at 16:15, StanBalaban said:

I may be wrong, but perhaps a lot comes down to cost at the end of the day, plus the need to satisfy multiple teams using template designs. 

@NurembergVillan is the authority on sports wear so may shed some insight on the design process.

I work for Macron in Birmingham as a graphic designer and flew out to Bologna last year to meet the kit designers. 

As far as the design process goes, macron would have designed templates for the kits, based on heavy input from the club. There are boundaries set by the club that macron had to follow, like no hoops, no certain colours or had to resemble a previous kit worn in the 80's etc. Which means that as previously said by someone else on this thread, other teams like lazio may have had a nicer kit that looked totally different to ours, which was out of the control of macron. They are actually quite limited to what they could have produced. They had more say over Villas leasure-wear than the kit itself but still was heavily influenced by Villa. 

Villa didnt want the kits to change too drastically, They wanted it to kinda fit in with the heritage of the club and be somehing they knew would sell and didn't look to weird or too much of a European style.

Having said that they definitely could of worked on kit quality!

Roll on Under Armor

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

Why is there a gents toilet sign at the top of each number??

AFAIK it's the "man" from the prostate cancer awareness charity. Jeff Stelling and the boys from Soccer Saturday wear it on thier lapel.

On 5/16/2016 at 16:15, StanBalaban said:

I can't really add much more than JayDeePee has done already, although sometimes you'll see what an amateur has done online and it's just not feasible to produce effectively - such as if a graphic matches on the body and sleeves.

• Like 1

I'm looking forward to seeing what UA produce. There kits seem much more minimalistic than Macron's who always added extra little touches to the shirts which I don't think ever really added anything to the overall design.

On ‎10‎/‎05‎/‎2016 at 20:41, StanBalaban said:

Any particular reason on 3?

Aren't Quickbooks going to be our sponsor next season anyway?

I had heard a whisper about the potential new Chinese owners, turns out it was not the same group that has bought us, but one of the companies in their portfolio was 3 hence my random request.

• Like 1

Â