Transfer Speculation January 2016

Marka Ragnos

Yep, look at all the other teams battling relegation, stupidly spending money in an effort to improve their squads. I'm surprised Randy's cunning plan of doing nothing hasn't caught on. I mean Newcastle are in the bottom 3 and aren't they meant to a Chairman that doesn't care?

Meh, buying players is overrated. 

I am so angry at Lerner, Fox & hollis right now. It is unacceptable when players surrender on the pitch and even more so when the owner & board do it off the pitch.

They should be ashamed. Put me with the Lerner out brigade. This is the final insult. This current regime has relegated our club by its austerity. They need to go now. Even a poorer new owner would be better than this.

• Like 1

http://www.kickoff.co.uk/62776/aston-villa-target-italian-striker-to-fire-them-to-safety/?

ASTON VILLA TARGET ITALIAN STRIKER TO FIRE THEM TO SAFETY

Alberto-Paloschi-Top.jpg

Aston Villa currently find themselves ten points adrift of safety, but a three-game unbeaten run in which they have conceded just a single goal has at least kept their survival hopes alive.

If the West Midlands outfit are to stand any chance of pulling off the great escape, then they must add goals to their team, as they have scored only 18 times in 23 top-flight fixtures.

ALBERTO PALOSCHI

One potential solution to the Villans’ lack of firepower is Chievo striker Alberto Paloschi, with the 26-year-old thought to be a January target.

Having started his career at AC Milan, the Italian has plenty of pedigree, whilst his record in the league this season is better than that of Aston Villa’s leading scorer, Jordan Ayew:

ALBERTO
PALOSCHI
VERSUS
JORDAN AYEW
FWD POSITION FWD
26Y 0M AGE 24Y 4M
5FT 9IN HEIGHT 6FT 0IN
10ST 9LB WEIGHT 12ST 9LB

SA | CHV |   | AVL | PL
06/15 - 06/16   06/15 - 06/16

STARTS

MINS
PLAYED

GOALS

ASSISTS

OPENING
GOALS

WINNING
GOALS

HOME
GOALS

AWAY
GOALS

HEADED
GOALS

L

R

GOALS
R/L FOOT

R

MINS
PER GOAL

TOTAL

In fact, the 26-year-old has taken 71 minutes fewer to find the net on average than the Ghana international, making a direct contribution to twice as many top-flight goals.

Despite playing for an unfashionable club, Paloschi has averaged a goal roughly once every three games in Serie A since the start of the 2012/13 campaign, impressing many with his willingness to shoot from all angles:

ALBERTO PALOSCHI

POS: FWD AGE: 26Y 0M
HEIGHT: 5FT 9IN WEIGHT: 10ST 9LB

GAMES
ASSISTS
GOALS

chv.png 12/13
CHIEVO
chv.png 13/14
CHIEVO
chv.png 14/15
CHIEVO
chv.png 15/16
CHIEVO
  TOTAL

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

http://www.kickoff.co.uk/62776/aston-villa-target-italian-striker-to-fire-them-to-safety/?

ASTON VILLA TARGET ITALIAN STRIKER TO FIRE THEM TO SAFETY

Alberto-Paloschi-Top.jpg

Aston Villa currently find themselves ten points adrift of safety, but a three-game unbeaten run in which they have conceded just a single goal has at least kept their survival hopes alive.

If the West Midlands outfit are to stand any chance of pulling off the great escape, then they must add goals to their team, as they have scored only 18 times in 23 top-flight fixtures.

ALBERTO PALOSCHI

One potential solution to the Villans’ lack of firepower is Chievo striker Alberto Paloschi, with the 26-year-old thought to be a January target.

Having started his career at AC Milan, the Italian has plenty of pedigree, whilst his record in the league this season is better than that of Aston Villa’s leading scorer, Jordan Ayew:

ALBERTO
PALOSCHI
VERSUS
JORDAN AYEW
FWD POSITION FWD
26Y 0M AGE 24Y 4M
5FT 9IN HEIGHT 6FT 0IN
10ST 9LB WEIGHT 12ST 9LB

SA | CHV |   | AVL | PL
06/15 - 06/16   06/15 - 06/16

STARTS

MINS
PLAYED

GOALS

ASSISTS

OPENING
GOALS

WINNING
GOALS

HOME
GOALS

AWAY
GOALS

HEADED
GOALS

L

R

GOALS
R/L FOOT

R

MINS
PER GOAL

TOTAL

In fact, the 26-year-old has taken 71 minutes fewer to find the net on average than the Ghana international, making a direct contribution to twice as many top-flight goals.

Despite playing for an unfashionable club, Paloschi has averaged a goal roughly once every three games in Serie A since the start of the 2012/13 campaign, impressing many with his willingness to shoot from all angles:

ALBERTO PALOSCHI

POS: FWD AGE: 26Y 0M
HEIGHT: 5FT 9IN WEIGHT: 10ST 9LB

GAMES
ASSISTS
GOALS

chv.png 12/13
CHIEVO
chv.png 13/14
CHIEVO
chv.png 14/15
CHIEVO
chv.png 15/16
CHIEVO
  TOTAL

Swansea have had a £7.8mil bid accepted for him a few hours ago!! Safe to say he will be going there!!

23 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

Senderos has been released from his contract now!!

Bet we get no one else in though!!

Well we don't actually need a replacement for him seeing as he wasn't even in the 25!! 

Personally I think we should be doing our upmost to bring in one or 2 strikers and a keeper before the end of the window. As it stands we are not down yet, at least not mathmatically. 4 months/15 games to go the concerning thing is everyone at the club bar the manager, players and a section of fans have given up. They have already started waving the white flag.  

Maybe we will go down, in fact, probably. The point being though is that we have only 2 strikers currently fit and neither are full of goals.Plus Gestede is injured for at least the next 4 weeks and Gabby who might as well stay injured for all the effort he has put in this season. We need bodies to help Remi over the next few months in an effort to continue building even if only for next season. I don't buy all the bullshit that players don't want to come. Fair enough some wont but many still will and for reasonable prices even if we are to go down. Players will se it as a way into English football and better wages with what is still a big club regardless of the current mess.

Anything that is spent now can always be returned in the summer as inevitably certain players will want out. My biggest issue with spending nothing is the message it sends out to the manager, players and more importantly, us fans. The message that the board have given up on the club this season in January even if everyone else is still doing their all! And let's be fair about the whole "we can't risk the future of the club" nonsense", as it is just nonsense. They have been risking it for 5 years with the continual mismanaging! And what about the ST holders,are they allowed to give up and get refunds on ST's for the remaining games and start again next year?! I think not.

Nobody is asking for fortunes to be spent or for the club to target players whose wages are ridiculously high...but come on, doing nothing in our situation is just pathetic imo when adding goals to a team without any could make all the difference with 15 games left. And not getting anyone in up front makes relegation a certainty even now as unless we add goals we can't win, just like at tescos last saturday when we should have had 3 points. 

I just want to see a real effort from from everyone in claret & blue to at least fight until the very end if possible and that involves helping this manager as much as possible.    

• Like 2

I just looked at the Premier League table again. Seriously wondering why people are still confused about why we haven't signed anyone yet. Either we buy dross for the sake of it, championship hotshots whose clubs are in the promotion race. Young potential which won't do anything for us right now. Or QPR style throw a shed load of money at some mercenaries. Majority of those choices are not wise or viable. Truly stuck between a rock and a hard place.

Or we sign a decent players with relegation clauses including release fees in their contracts.

They have nothing to lose seeing as championship wages match that of most other European premier leagues

• Like 2

I didn't expect any signings this window and certainly not any signings that would have a significant impact. It won't be a failure to act in this window that will send us down though and in some ways I don't blame the club for not trying to rescue the season. It is too far gone for that. To have any hope we would spend relatively significant sums in this window we had to keep ourselves in touch with safety and we didn't.

I also think it is alight saying lets plan for next season but we don't actually know what the squad is going to need next season. Who is going to stay, who we want to get rid off but can't sell, who we want to keep but throws their toys out of the pram and wants out. I can see the argument that regardless of if we go down or not we need a keeper and a striker and we have it seems tried for the keeper. Getting a decent striker is probably the hardest position to fill though and with limited options in January, an inflated market and our dire position I always felt it unlikely we would sign one and certainly not one of the required standard to give us a chance of staying up.