Transfer Speculation January 2016

Marka Ragnos

13 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Debuchy is better than what we have but he has been injured for the last 18 months, not played at all much for Arsenal.

And a Right back isn't going to turn us into a winning machine...he was a regular the season Newcastle finished 16th for example.

16th you say? My ears would pop. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, VillanousOne said:

Players such as Grealish, Ayew, maybe even Westwood and Bacuna (low wages) will get picked off by other teams fairly easily.

Most of the players that do a job no matter how unspectacular will find a place abroad or with newly promoted clubs. Ayew has proven himself Premiership quality. Someone will gamble on Traore even if it's a overseas club. Guzan, Hutton, Lescott have places booked already at Lampton's Donkey Sanctuary.

You might get a show of loyalty from players like Okore or those who haven't quite delivered and want to prove themselves like Gana or Vertout. Amavi if only to prove his fitness. Gestede back at the level he can play at, Baker, Clark clearly at that level already. 

Then maybe the ones that get cut loose or forced out, who Garde doesn't want to take with him to the Championship.

Not sure why there is a transfer summit, as i can't see us even spending more than 3-4 million on new players and wages. I wouldn't be surprised if we sell more players than we buy.

we should be buying the best championship players out there now, rather than wait till we are relegated and find it harder to attract them, but since when did this club ever do anything sensible???

Nobody's going to be 'picking off' Ashley Westwood. 

Players don't want to come to a club rock bottom of the league, almost certain for relegation, no ambition and on the rapid decline thanks to an owner who doesn't give a toss? What selfish bastards! They should be ashamed of themselves.

Edited by TheMightyVillans

What no more French nobodies linked???? and to think some of you thought we were getting some current French Internationals :)

In our position wont be getting any decent players. RG has said he's getting knock backs, no surprises there. Personally I'd be shocked if any player of quality were signed permanently this winter

At best I think we might get a loan signing or 2 but I doubt we will be getting the better of any deals.

3 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Newcastle about to sign shelvey for £12m. Whether you rate him or not and I particularly don't he would walk into our midfield. Can't see us competing with that either in terms of spending. 

We won't now.

If we were in touch of safety (i.e. a similar position to Newcastle) then I'm sure we would be spending money. As it is I don't think we'll be splashing out.

Like I said previously, I CAN understand that view to an extent. But we still need to sign players.

Edited by Stevo985

Remi needs to look at himself if he's pissed off we are getting knock backs.

if we were still in touch distance, say I don't know the gap that we had when he arrived, we might have more success in the transfer market.  The fact we are further away and blew it totally against the teams we had a chance of winning has has destroyed that. Say we had beaten Newcastle, Watford and Sunderland. Just those three games and we'd look a heap better

2 minutes ago, Richard said:

He didn't say he was pissed off. He just said we might have signed a couple of players if we were in a better position.

5 minutes ago, Richard said:

if we were still in touch distance, say I don't know the gap that we had when he arrived, we might have more success in the transfer market.  The fact we are further away and blew it totally against the teams we had a chance of winning has has destroyed that. Say we had beaten Newcastle, Watford and Sunderland. Just those three games and we'd look a heap better

Sorry, I can't buy into the line that this is all Garde's fault.

11 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

We need...

1. A man that can cross

2. A man that can score

Bare minimum, even on loan.

McGeady can cross, just not a goal scorer.  Be available on loan i reckon, not great i know but i think we have to take what we can get at this stage.

11 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

McGeady can cross, just not a goal scorer.  Be available on loan i reckon, not great i know but i think we have to take what we can get at this stage.

It doesn't have to be 1 player who can do both, it can be 2 players who can do one each.