The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

1 hour ago, blandy said:

Possibly, yeah. I was thinking that people who don't mind her, mostly feel sorry for her. Maybe jigging will add to that warmth.for those people, maybe they will go the opposite way and say "actually...cringe...she doesn't help herself" Who knows.

If you consider me as the absolute fair minded middle ground (which is a fair assessment) then my missus is way off to the left of me, quite the angry little Zapatista. 

She's got to the stage where a few times now she's felt awkwardly sorry for May.

16 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

Maybot moan moan moan

shows a "humorous " and human side ..moan moan moan

Haters are gonna hate 

15 hours ago, snowychap said:

You wot?

I guess Tony was more impressed by her MASSIVE SENSE OF HUMOUR than I was

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

That's not even the most fawning Tweet Kuenssberg sent over the speech

The BBC's absolutely impartial Political Editor

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

@bickster - Thought it was Vox Political, but no it was...

There was a time, back in the day, when cabinet ministers were the star attraction of the Conservative conference show. Attendees would queue round the block to hear from famous faces in the party and hear how they were going to tackle the biggest issues of the day.

But those days are no more. Instead, at this year’s conference, Mr S has noticed that turnout in the main hall has been remarkably low. In fact, even the most recognisable members of cabinet have failed to fill up the main conference hall.

So, Mr S has cast his eye round the ICC in Birmingham to find out where Conservative members have gone

The Spectator

3 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

I made no comment on my views , i even wrote humorous in inverted commas to show it was subjective

I commented on the observation that no matter what she does she ain't gonna win over a vast section of people , then it was followed up with a discussion with Blandy where i stated she looked awkward

I fail to see how you can draw any conclusion that I was impressed and misquote me  

39 minutes ago, Xann said:

@bickster - Thought it was Vox Political, but no it was...

The Spectator

Other ERG events were poorly attended though, as was the whole conference if the truth be known

The Spectator is hardly impartial when it comes to the Brexit debate. I wonder how many of those people were journalists who hang off his every word and how many were delegates

• Like 1

I've often wondered other than IRA terrorists ,  what sort of people go to to party conferences anyway ?

I mean I can sorta understand why virgins go to comic con to meet like minded virgins , get away from their mum for a bit and meet their heroes etc  , but a party political conference , why ? what possible enjoyment could you get from it ...or  Is the conference a cover for a swingers weekend and really everyone is playing hide the sausage in the sauna

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

I mean I can sorta understand why virgins go to comic con to meet like minded virgins , get away from their mum for a bit and meet their heroes etc  , but a party political conference , why ? what possible enjoyment could you get from it ...or  Is the conference a cover for a swingers weekend and really everyone is playing hide the sausage in the sauna

Having attended NUS Conference (Some people actually elected me!) a few times in the dim and distant past, your humour is closer to the truth than you realise

4 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

I've often wondered other than IRA terrorists ,  what sort of people go to to party conferences anyway ?

Networking. AKA 'sucking up to the bosses'. 

4 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

Like Bickster, I too have been to union / local labour party 'conference' events.

He's right, you've pretty much got it. There are political nerds there, but the amount of opportunity for a bit of slapstick sexual encounter was a genuine surprise. I'd presumed all my comrades were above that sort of muck. But it turned out a room full of marxists will keep on staying in the room for another last drink whilst there is still a chance that woman really will take her top off for a dare.

The potential for the #metoo style accusations was incredible.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, bickster said:

I think that's true of the Tory Party conference, not so much the others.

Yes, that's probably fair. Elderly trade unionists and angry teenagers at the Labour one, tumbleweeds and a stench of lonely decay at the Lib Dem one.

1 hour ago, ml1dch said:

Yes, that's probably fair. Elderly trade unionists and angry teenagers at the Labour one, tumbleweeds and a stench of lonely decay at the Lib Dem one.

You forgot the Kristal Nacht re-enactment society at the UKIP one, Greens is usually very populated

Â