The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

14 minutes ago, bickster said:

Oh, we were meant to laugh? Is that what Nero expected too?

Or to think that she was showing a 'human' side.

I suppose the blatant lying, vindictiveness, incompetence and stubbornness that has characterised her political career could all be claimed to be 'human' but I'm guessing that's not what was meant.

Edited by snowychap

2 minutes ago, snowychap said:

Or to think that she was showing a 'human' side.

I suppose the blatant lying, vindictiveness, incompetence and stubbornness that has characterised her political career could all be claimed to be 'human' but I'm guessing that's not what was meant.

tbh the thing that really pissed me off before the Speech proper started was the waving to the adoring crowd, even the ones hanging off the roof in what was essentially a quite small hall for a political conference. I think it was waving, she could have been counting the lightbulbs

• Like 3

1 hour ago, bickster said:

Oh, we were meant to laugh? Is that what Nero expected too?

No I think we were meant to chant like morons for 10 minutes

but as I said haters gonna hate , she could have come out giving free £10 notes to everyone and you'd moan it wasn't £20's

3 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

shows a "humorous " and human side ..moan moan moan

Thing is Tone, I'd wager good coin that she was "advised" (badly) to do that. Sure she took the ultimate decision to go with it, but....it was unlikely to play well with anyone but her keenest fan.

13 minutes ago, blandy said:

Thing is Tone, I'd wager good coin that she was "advised" (badly) to do that. Sure she took the ultimate decision to go with it, but....it was unlikely to play well with anyone but her keenest fan.

undoubtedly  .... and she looked awkward same way other wannabe PM's have when advised to step out of their comfort zone  .. yer Blair's and Camerons were born to those roles  , May clearly isn't  ( luckily we don't go for  Pop idol politics and style over substance ,  so it doens't matter :))

but the point was ,..be herself and get slagged off , attempt to be less cold and get slagged off   ..it really isn't going to matter on here

Where I disagree with you , is I think your non partisan people (i.e real world not VT )  might just look at it and say least she can laugh at herself .. might not be enough to get them from Glastonbury to putting an X next to her name in a GE , but it might deflect away from Boris grabbing the headlines

4 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

Maybot moan moan moan

shows a "humorous " and human side ..moan moan moan

Haters are gonna hate 

Voice modulation has come on well in 12 months, but they're still struggling with limb articulation.

Battery life much better than some had presumed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

It's absolutely indicative of this government that someone in the background genuinely had the following thoughts;

• That it was a good idea in itself to resurrect a risible episode from a few weeks previous that was already well on the way to being forgotten in an attempt to portray her as human
  • Teresa May could carry it off

Whoever had those thoughts is stealing oxygen from the planet

• Like 1

12 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

meh, student stuff

I would applaud this answer but you'll have to accept my jaz hands instead. 

55 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Where I disagree with you , is I think your non partisan people (i.e real world not VT )  might just look at it and say least she can laugh at herself .. might not be enough to get them from Glastonbury to putting an X next to her name in a GE , but it might deflect away from Boris grabbing the headlines

Possibly, yeah. I was thinking that people who don't mind her, mostly feel sorry for her. Maybe jigging will add to that warmth.for those people, maybe they will go the opposite way and say "actually...cringe...she doesn't help herself" Who knows.

13 minutes ago, blandy said:

Possibly, yeah. I was thinking that people who don't mind her, mostly feel sorry for her. Maybe jigging will add to that warmth.for those people, maybe they will go the opposite way and say "actually...cringe...she doesn't help herself" Who knows.

Bit of a catch22 for her.  She performs the contrived and staged manoeuvre to make herself seem more human, yet the contrived and staged nature of it is palpably obvious and underlines how awkward and stilted she is.

2 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

( luckily we don't go for  Pop idol politics and style over substance ,  so it doens't matter :))

Given that the substance is an embarrassing shambles,  I'd say that focusing on the style right now is probably beneficial for her. 

Edited by ml1dch
  • Like 2

Â