The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

1 hour ago, darrenm said:

Just sounds regular Tory to me.

It isn't. 

EDIT: To be more specific, some of those acts went against his own party and some were done in free votes where plenty of his colleagues voted the other way

Edited by HanoiVillan
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, darrenm said:

Horrific angry idiot Toby Young appointed by May to university regulator.

I see that the toadmeister has been deleting tweets left, right and centre and 'clarifying' articles he has written in the past since the appointment was made. I think he's still got a fair bit of work to do. :)

25 minutes ago, snowychap said:

I see that the toadmeister has been deleting tweets left, right and centre and 'clarifying' articles he has written in the past since the appointment was made. I think he's still got a fair bit of work to do. :)

I wonder how long he'll last

I know 3 big Tories. They are

1. Father in law. Ex-RAF doesn't especially like the current Tories but hates Corbyn and anyone associated with passionate venom. Reads the Sun and Daily Mail.

2. Acquaintance from sports. Decent bloke. Hugely right wing views. Thinks tax should be lifted at the higher end to encourage people to aspire to making more money. Proud that he's participated in fox hunts. Hates Corbyn and anything associated with being left and thinks Corbyn is a terrorist sympathiser. 

3. Younger bloke at work who thinks everyone should keep their own money and he doesn't like paying taxes for others to benefit.

All decent people but I find their views pretty horrible.

3 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

I don't think there's any point pretending that all Tories are the same, for the clear and obvious reason that they aren't. 

Well, obviously. 

But being fair to them?!?

1 hour ago, darrenm said:

1. Father in law. Ex-RAF doesn't especially like the current Tories but hates Corbyn and anyone associated with passionate venom. Reads the Sun and Daily Mail.

2. Acquaintance from sports. Decent bloke. Hugely right wing views. Thinks tax should be lifted at the higher end to encourage people to aspire to making more money. Proud that he's participated in fox hunts. Hates Corbyn and anything associated with being left and thinks Corbyn is a terrorist sympathiser. 

3. Younger bloke at work who thinks everyone should keep their own money and he doesn't like paying taxes for others to benefit.

The actively "I will vote Conservative" people I know are all of the same mindset when it comes to money; particularly benefits - get everyone in a job, they're just scrounging otherwise.  People can just earn more, but can't be arsed to. etc. etc.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, darrenm said:

Corbyn is a terrorist sympathiser.

• Like 1

Â