The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

If you think about it, some poor couple from Barnstaple or Kettering have waited 6 months for their episode of Pointless to be aired and that pillocks organised a press conference for 5:15.

The funny thing is he was what, 15 minutes late, and you know they spent those 15 minutes arguing if he'd look more ridiculous getting soaked through, or risking being another wally with a brolly

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Jareth said:

Can his own side still oust him?

Yeah :D

Can't stop the election but they can ensure it's Kier Starmer vs... Well, nobody wants the job actually

Edited by Davkaus
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

Yeah :D

Can't stop the election but they can ensure it's Kier Starmer vs... Well, nobody wants the job actually

Truss likes this idea, as they’d become the new record holder for shortest time as PM.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

I think that's why it's doomed to fail, who on earth wants to take the inevitable spanking. There's no time to put together a new policy platform, there's no time to try and repair the image of the party, you'd just become a laughing stock. It wouldn't even be worth packing your stuff to move to Downing Street.

But I do hope they try.

Edited by Davkaus

Just now, Davkaus said:

I think that's why it's doomed to fail, who on earth wants to take the inevitable spanking. There's no time to put together a new policy platform, there's no time to try and repair the image of the party, you'd just become a laughing stock. It wouldn't even be worth packing your stuff to move to Downing Street.

Could get the £110k a year for life though…

A great day for the country. Only another 6 weeks to put up with this joke of a government. I’m sceptical of Starmer but we need a change. No one wanted another winter election.

Only disappointment is it clashes with the Euros, should have just done it in May alongside the local elections.

It is certainly not going to be 1992 again, although Sunak probably thinks with a slightly better economy he won’t get as annihilated as he might have done.

I’m overseas in July. Looks like a right faff to sort out a one-off postal vote. Guess I’ll have to sort it out, don’t want to lose my chance to help oust these muppets. 

• Like 1

The backdrop to the next 6 weeks is.... everything going wrong

Bumped into senior member of Team Sunak leaving Downing Street this eve. I asked why now? They said this July date has been a slow burn for the PM and better economic news coupled with a fear that public have stopped listening were deciding factors. The biggest though? "Things have started to go wrong... that's going to keep happening. You don't want to be sat there in Downing Street all summer while they do"

Â