The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

I can't figure out if it's another unforced blunder from a pm desperately out of his depth, or a calculated gamble to win the reform vote to try and stop them haemorrhaging votes to each side

Either way he's once again shown to be lacking in basic human decency

• Like 4

It's a sign of what the Tory party will be in opposition, a nasty far-right populist party. If they aren't that already.

I mean who will be the membership left after the election? A bunch of fruitcakes, loonies and closet racists.

Edited by The Fun Factory

4 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

It's a sign of what the Tory party will be in opposition, a nasty far-right populist party. If they aren't that already.

I mean who will be the membership left after the election? A bunch of fruitcakes, loonies and closet racists.

They will be even more extreme, because they won’t actually have to deliver as an opposition. 

As they are in power it sort of tempers what mental shite they come up with to a degree, once out they’ll be promising no people darker than a strong cup of PG tips.

20 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I can't figure out if it's another unforced blunder from a pm desperately out of his depth, or a calculated gamble to win the reform vote to try and stop them haemorrhaging votes to each side

Either way he's once again shown to be lacking in basic human decency

Nothing about PMQ's in unscripted

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

It honestly wouldn't surprise me if it was deliberate

Trying to convince PopCon he isn't too woke. 

22 minutes ago, Genie said:

once out they’ll be promising no people darker than a strong cup of PG tips.

Won't be Sunak, then. 

• Like 1

Fwiw, for those who will think “Yeah, go on Rishi, say what I’m thinking” I think there will be an equal number of people who would come away thinking “well, I don’t quite get the whole trans thing, but it’s pretty poor for him to say that with a grieving parent in attendance”.

They won’t suddenly be pro trans, but on a human level they’ll think he’s a dickhead.

But then most people probably won’t see that exchange.

• Like 1

Place your bets, will he cave in?

Rishi Sunak is facing calls to apologise for a jibe about Sir Keir Starmer's position on trans people at Prime Minister's Questions.

The PM ridiculed the Labour leader for U-turning on the "definition of a woman".

Sir Keir was visibly furious, saying: "Of all the weeks to say that when Brianna's mother is in this chamber."

————

Reeling off a list of what he said were Labour U-turns, Mr Sunak said Sir Keir had changed his position on "defining a woman - although in fairness, that was only 99% of a U-turn".

His comments, referred to an interview where Sir Keir had said "99.9% of women haven't got a penis".

link

59 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Fwiw, for those who will think “Yeah, go on Rishi, say what I’m thinking” I think there will be an equal number of people who would come away thinking “well, I don’t quite get the whole trans thing, but it’s pretty poor for him to say that with a grieving parent in attendance”.

They won’t suddenly be pro trans, but on a human level they’ll think he’s a dickhead.

But then most people probably won’t see that exchange.

problem is that a lot of people thought boris was a dickhead but still voted for him

11 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

problem is that a lot of people thought boris was a dickhead but still voted for him

They only thought he was a dickhead after he'd been in power, they just thought he was amusing when they voted for him. He's deeply unpopular now.

So, similarly, is Sunak but Sunak has never been remotely amusing, to anyone

6 minutes ago, bickster said:

They only thought he was a dickhead after he'd been in power, they just thought he was amusing when they voted for him. He's deeply unpopular now.

He was actually extremely unpopular at the time of the 2019 election. Just not as unpopular as his main opponent. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

They thought he had a way out of the Brexit madness which let us have our cake and eat it, so voted for him.

I get it seems even more distasteful in front of a grieving mother but I'm not loving the general undertone that it's kind of ok when he does it every other week when there's not a grieving mother right in his face. 

Rishi realising that the minority he was punching down at had representatives right there

Edited by Davkaus

I'm just catching up on "PopCon"

You can see how hard Liz Truss's single braincell is working to keep up with her mouth. What a thick piece of shit.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

While bending over backwards to defend Sunak, Chris Philp refers to Briana as "himself" and doesn't react at all when corrected. 

To be fair to him (which I don't like doing, because he's a prick), "himself" in that interview is referring to Sunak. Earlier he refers to Briana as she. 

7 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

The fact that someone as stupid as Liz Truss was ever elected to anything, let alone to the leadership of a country, let alone to be leader of the United Kingdom, is a damming indictment of where we sit as a society here in the West.

I totally agree of course, but there's an equally compelling argument to be had imo that we get the governments we deserve.

• Like 1

Â