The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

12 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

So lets give up and privatise then

The Tories have spent the last 13 years wilfully destroying it with the end goal being that enough of us will think giving up on it is the answer. 

Just now, markavfc40 said:

The Tories have spent the last 13 years wilfully destroying it with the end goal being that enough of us will think giving up on it is the answer. 

I dont believe the nhs is dead - yet

Its clear a change of government and strategy might save it. Dont know whoch idiots thought operation managers should have more power than clinians but thats one of the biggest issues for me. They waste more, dont focus on patient care and more interested in running it like a business.

Lets see ahat nhs looks like in next 10 years.  I invite any of our american friends to tell us what thwir private health care system is like and if they like it or not?

I personally am scared of privatisation as i think people will be left to die on technicalities 

16 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

They entitled to it because their parents have been paying tax all their life to help their kids when they are no longer here like any good parent would.

Take it your going to donate all your savings to charity when your no longee here and not your kids?

I cant believe your not encouraging help for your kids in the future knowing how **** this cost of living crisis is

I have two kids but why should everything I leave go to them? they may be desperate for it or on the other hand they may well be in my position that when my mum dies (my dad died over 20 years ago) I have no real need for all the proceeds from the house/assets/savings she is going to leave.

Now you could say I should be able to make the decision to decide to either keep everything my mum leaves or give some to charity etc. What if I am a selfish bastard though (likely Tory voting) and whilst whatever money I inherit I have no real need for I decide to keep the lot for myself. I think what we leave behind should be taxed (certainly over a certain amount) and therefore a percentage of it goes into a collective pot and can be used to pay for public services after we are gone and to give a leg up to those in society we leave behind who need it.

33 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Over to Mike for his view on some of the answers on this thread. 

wozniak-mike-wozniak.gif

See above. 

I'm letting the rest slide. 

Edited by mjmooney
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

I have two kids but why should everything I leave go to them? they may be desperate for it or on the other hand they may well be in my position that when my mum dies (my dad died over 20 years ago) I have no real need for all the proceeds from the house/assets/savings she is going to leave.

Now you could say I should be able to make the decision to decide to either keep everything my mum leaves or give some to charity etc. What if I am a selfish bastard though (likely Tory voting) and whilst whatever money I inherit I have no real need for I decide to keep the lot for myself. I think what we leave behind should be taxed (certainly over a certain amount) and therefore a percentage of it goes into a collective pot and can be used to pay for public services after we are gone and to give a leg up to those in society we leave behind who need it.

Mark be honest if your kids were struggling you qas coming to end of life (touch wood this isnt you any time soon) your honestly telling me you wouldnt want to leave a majority of that to them?

Of course you would like any good parent will. Will want to help our kids out in any way we can. If your not planning to leave them anything when your gone (hypothetically speaking). I take it they are in their own when going uni, getting married, want a car, a house etc?

Edited by Demitri_C

31 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

So on one hand your saying it effects you so your kids (if you have any) must have enough financial backing in the future in this crazy world thats falling apart so one of the fortunate ones then

So wait you dont want to pay more NI but complain about the state of the nhs? I look forward to see if you complain about this if labour do this if they win the next election as its likely to happen i would say.

With VAT i would be ok with a slight increase on that as at least with thag i choose what i buy.

With regards to your company of its a big company that NV said like boots then you must be well off so you can afford it 😃

Dem, I just don’t think I understand the first sentence sorry. It affects everyone if there is less tax take. Less tax means less spent on services, that’s why scrapping inheritance tax affects me, my personal circumstances are irrelevant. 

On the second sentence, you want to increase taxes on money earned working, and scrap taxes on unearned inherited wealth, it’s not me asking to reduce tax it’s you. As for complaining about Labour, I already do plenty of that. However, if they increase tax fairly to increase services I’ll see a logic in that. Increasing my tax to let others keep unearned wealth? No, that’s bad. That’s what you are currently proposing.

On your last sentence, I don’t have a company, I was illustrating that your system was punishing people that work hard setting up private businesses, punishing people that work, punishing people that employ people, taxing the petrol to get to work, taxing the Saturday treat after a week in work… and all so they can let unearned inherited wealth go untaxed. You do surely see how ridiculous a system that would be? 

20 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Mark be honest if your kids were struggling you qas coming to end of life (touch wood this isnt you any time soon) your honestly telling me you wouldnt want to leave a majority of that to them?

Of course you would like any good parent will. Will want to help our kids out in any way we can. If your not planning to leave them anything when your gone (hypothetically speaking). I take it they are in their own when going uni, getting married, want a car, a house etc?

Of course I'd want to be leaving my children something. I, and no one else, has said otherwise in this debate have they?  in the current system I would be leaving them plenty behind. If my assets are 500k I'd be leaving them 430k with 70k going in taxes. If my assets are 1 million pound I'd be leaving them 730k. Seems fair. 

I'm happy to pay higher rates of tax as (theoretically) it is spent helping others.

When my parents die, their estates won't be anywhere near the threshold (I'll probablybe left nothing but debts by one of them), so I won't have to worry about inheritance tax.

However, I'm just not keen on the concept of inheritance tax.

The death of a parent is a bad enough situation (from what I've seen) that to add tax issues into the situation just doesn't sit well with me. It's not always easy to just sell a house. Sometimes that house has an emotional connection or has been in that family for generations. 

Increase taxes paid elsewhere and just leaves people to get on with dying and mourning in peace.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Genie said:

What’s the situation with regards to debts from parents when they die? What sort of things can be passed down? 

The person who has died may have left debts, for example, an overdraft on their account or a credit agreement that has not been paid off.

When someone dies you should try to contact all their creditors. You should place a notice in The Gazette on their website, the official public record of legal notices in the UK. This will tell creditors they can make a claim against the estate to pay off the debt. If you don't place a notice and creditors come forward after you've paid out the estate, you might have to pay off the rest of the debt with your own money.

In general, if there is not enough money in the estate of the person who has died to pay their debts their creditors cannot recover the amount still owed from anyone else, including that person's surviving relatives. You should check whether that person had any kind of insurance policy that would pay off any of their debts on their death, for example, a payment protection insurance policy taken out at the same time as a loan.

In some cases the debt may have been a joint one, for example, an overdraft on a joint account or an amount owed on a credit agreement taken out in joint names. If this is the case, the debt can still be recovered from the surviving person. In addition, if you lived with someone who has died you may still be liable for debts that relate to the property, such as council tax or water bills.

Citizens Advice

• Thanks 2

Defence minister Ben Wallace says he will stand down at the next election.

Mr Wallace, the longest-serving Conservative defence secretary, said in an interview with The Times: "I'm not standing next time."

He added that he will not be resigning "prematurely" and forcing a by-election.

Mr Wallace also confirmed he would leave the cabinet at the next reshuffle, which is expected to be held this autumn.

Sky

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

They entitled to it because their parents have been paying tax all their life to help their kids when they are no longer here like any good parent would.

Take it your going to donate all your savings to charity when your no longee here and not your kids?

I cant believe your not encouraging help for your kids in the future knowing how **** this cost of living crisis is

If the parent sold the house when they were alive, they'd be subject to capital gains tax, do you oppose that as well? They've been paying tax all their life...

56 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

If the parent sold the house when they were alive, they'd be subject to capital gains tax, do you oppose that as well? They've been paying tax all their life...

You dont pay capital gains tax if you have lived there your whole life,  havent rented it out and its your only property

Also just because im opposed to inheritance tax doesnt mean im opposed to every tax you know

• Like 1

1 hour ago, markavfc40 said:

Add Wallace to the list of rats deserting the sinking ship.

As much as I am going to have to wash my mouth out with soap, as my MP he’s been alright.  Not sure if he’s @blandy as well.  I think the new constituency brings more labour voters into the area.

Now where’s that Pears Soap Bar, yum yum

1 hour ago, markavfc40 said:

Add Wallace to the list of rats deserting the sinking ship.

Wallace is probably one of the few tories i dont mind (yuck) had a tough job with the ukraine war and i think he has done a fine job helping ukraine.

Â