The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

Sunak certainly seems to be doing a lot of work more privately than those that held the position before him (which is a good thing).

It’ll be interesting to see if all the money has much impact. I.e. is it paid based on the numbers crossing reducing? Or just “there’s the money, do your best”. 

Edited by Genie
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Sunak has struck a deal with the French, paying £480 million squid over the next 3 years, to basically 'Stop The Boats!' - i.e. in the only way that works, getting the French to prevent the people crossing in the first place by giving them the money and incentive to do so. Bit by bit we are building back the relationship we had with Europe pre-Brexit, but this one in particular has been cloaked in xenophobic outer wrapping to satisfy the brexit loving Brits - while in reality the meat of it is simply what we used to do. If only the tories could just get on with the job, also like the NI protocol - without having to dress it up as something else - I think most people would take kindly to that. 

The costs are just bizarre.  Suella Braverman was outraged at people coming across in boats costing the taxpayer £6m a year with regards to housing them in hotels...

...so we're going to pay £160m a year for them not to be here at all?  What?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, bobzy said:

The costs are just bizarre.  Suella Braverman was outraged at people coming across in boats costing the taxpayer £6m a year with regards to housing them in hotels...

It's a bad deal, but when you're about to be relegated you have to pay what the selling club wants. Also, they don't give a shit about spending the money, if it gets them a sniff of staying in power. 

13 minutes ago, Genie said:

Sunak certainly seems to be doing a lot of work more privately than those that held the position before him (which is a good thing).

It’ll be interesting to see if all the money has much impact. I.e. is it paid based on the numbers crossing reducing? Or just “there’s the money, do your best”. 

In fairness his direct predecessors 

• Literally spent 2 weeks actually working during which team she set the economy on fire
  • Spent his entire time in office pondering whether he should ****, eat, drink or otherwise the multitude of ways you can imbibe an object, with down time for lying.
  • Tried to be the ersatz Thatcher, but with less personality than the exhibits at Madame Tussauds.
  • Couldn't be arsed with anything other than the showy statesman crap and **** off after 6 years of complete economic madness.

It's not a high bar, and even if he did clear that bar by a distance an ant could still hop over it.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Fairly sure it was £6mil a day not a year

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, bickster said:

Fairly sure it was £6mil a day not a year

and nearer to £8m a day now I think.

It never dawned me until now just how much that is… almost £3b a year housing asylum seekers whilst they wait for their applications to be processed.

3 billion pounds! 😧

Edited by Genie
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Genie said:

It never dawned me until now just how much that is… almost £3b a year housing asylum seekers whilst they wait for their applications to be processed.

3 billion pounds! 😧

I wonder how much it'd cost to adequately staff the department for processing the claims so that people were actually being processed...

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I wonder how much it'd cost to adequately staff the department for processing the claims so that people were actually being processed...

Well £160mil would get you 5,000 staff at £30k each and that still gives you the odd £10mil spare

75,000 applications a year currently, thats 15 applicants a year each :D 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, bickster said:

Well £160mil would get you 5,000 staff at £30k each and that still gives you the odd £10mil spare

75,000 applications a year currently, thats 15 applicants a year each :D 

And the money stays in the UK.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

An what the lazy ***** directors and managers haven't  done.

Yep, to a point. But the whole NHS trusts thing and setting them up as pseudo private companies and them then having high paid chief execs and managers, who are often appointed with a nod and a wink and go from one failure to the next, at another hospital - that's all down to the tories, too.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, StefanAVFC said:

he says… whilst sharing a screenshot from the mainstream media 

Some of them are immoral, know exactly what they are saying, and just hope the public don't see through it.

Not this guy though. Needs to be assessed for donkey brains.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Genie said:

3 billion pounds! 😧

You could pay the annual cost of building HS2 with that. 

3 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

A decade or so ago, it you were asked for a couple of things you were proud of in the UK, you might well have said The NHS and The BBC.

They've destroyed those two...where next?

The Royal Family 

momento-festa.gif

• Haha 2

Â