The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

7 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

£115,000 a year for the rest of her life, for about a dozen days of work, during which she crashed the economy. **** unbelievable.

Calm down, you talk like it's you that's got to pay for it..........oh, wait....

1 hour ago, LondonLax said:

If Johnson gets the backing of 100 MPs by Monday the members will place him back in No10 by Friday. 

I agree, It'll be like kicking a dead pig but I'm not sure of the point you are making

Re-electing Johnson will just be the cherry on the icing of the bakewell tart of Tory destruction

1 minute ago, bickster said:

I agree, It'll be like kicking a dead pig but I'm not sure of the point you are making

Re-electing Johnson will just be the cherry on the icing of the bakewell tart of Tory destruction

Horrifyingly, I think the wider public will go with it. 

6 minutes ago, bickster said:

I wasn’t so much trying to make a point, just a prediction. 

7 minutes ago, bickster said:

Him and Sunak are the 2 sides of the Tories and we’ve now got to the stage that they will no longer work together. It ultimately depends if they will go full blown separation and ultimately split the party. 

One can hope anyway. :popcorn:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

As a non-Brit I really can't understand the appeal of Boris. He's a terrible person, terrible politician and has the charisma of an abominable threesome lovechild between Hugh Grant, Sloth from the Goonies and a rotten potato. He's also a lying sack of shit conservative. Like what is there possibly to like about that man?

I'm British, and I can't understand it either.

• Like 2

Just now, HKP90 said:

Horrifyingly, I think the wider public will go with it. 

You are wrong. He is the worst possible candidate. He's hated now, so is Sunak. The Tories are that tone deaf to public opinion they don't seem to realise this

Of the three "frontrunners" only the empty vessel of transphobia that is Penelope Mordor offers a semi-chance of a clean break with the electorate. Sunak and Johnson's cards are already marked

Tories - Making the Worst Possible Choices for Britain. (It's the meaning behind any slogan they come up with)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

You are wrong. He is the worst possible candidate. He's hated now, so is Sunak. The Tories are that tone deaf to public opinion they don't seem to realise this

Of the three "frontrunners" only the empty vessel of transphobia that is Penelope Mordor offers a semi-chance of a clean break with the electorate. Sunak and Johnson's cards are already marked

Tories - Making the Worst Possible Choices for Britain. (It's the meaning behind any slogan they come up with)

God I hope you are right. Although the other options are only slightly less awful. 

The batshit political timeline we are currently in would suggest Johnson gets it and is almost immediately suspended when ongoing ethics committee investigation concludes.

About a week ago (when the idea of a Johnson return was still ludicrous) there was a journalist on BBC I think saying how they had a whole stack of other stories ready to go if he attempted a return. That could be interesting if true.

Just now, HKP90 said:

God I hope you are right. Although the other options are only slightly less awful.

That depends on whether you are considering the country or the death of the Tory Party

You'd think at this particular juncture that politicians would be able to put aside their short-term political ambitions and think of the health of the nation but apparently not. The pigs are in the slaughter house and jostling for positions to be first in the queue for a bolt to the head.

Here's some predictions from me, if they re-elect Johnson.

• He won't be PM by the next election if parliament goes full term
  • He won't even win his own seat at the next election
  • The Tories will have the lowest share of the vote at a GE since the end of WW1 (this isn't a particularly low bar - it needs to be lower than the 30.7% they achieved in 1997)
  • Like 3

That depends on whether you are considering the country or the death of the Tory Party

You'd think at this particular juncture that politicians would be able to put aside their short-term political ambitions and think of the health of the nation but apparently not. The pigs are in the slaughter house and jostling for positions to be first in the queue for a bolt to the head.

Here's some predictions from me, if they re-elect Johnson.

• He won't be PM by the next election if parliament goes full term
  • He won't even win his own seat at the next election
  • The Tories will have the lowest share of the vote at a GE since the end of WW1 (this isn't a particularly low bar - it needs to be lower than the 30.7% they achieved in 1997)

Your posts always ease my fears, thanks man. 

• Like 1

Surely Johnson being re-elected will make the fractions in the party even worse.  What are the sitting Tory MPs that fought tooth and nail to get him removed going to do?

I could see floor crossings aplenty and it could be the fastest way to get us that elusive GE.

Tory MP's on one hand say they now need sensible, stable government and then on the other hand plenty of them are calling for Johnson to return. They are lunatics. The lying bastard is under investigation from the privileges committee for misleading parliament and if found to have done so would be expected to stand down. How the hell does that offer stable government.

There is a part of me that hopes they do bring him back as it just hastens the likelihood of a general election as there is no way he lasts more than a few months before it all comes crashing down again. I am just not sure if the damage and shit show he would again preside over in that time is worth it though and seeing the smug bastard at the dispatch box again would be sick inducing. 

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Surely Johnson being re-elected will make the fractions in the party even worse.  What are the sitting Tory MPs that fought tooth and nail to get him removed going to do?

I could see floor crossings aplenty and it could be the fastest way to get us that elusive GE.

Some MPs have already said they'll voluntarily become independent MPs and others that they'll trigger by-elections if it's Johnson

In other news the LibDems have said that the Tories should block Johnson standing. Er no you dickheads, he'll gain your party seats.

I'm also beginning to think that if they do elect Johnson and enough similar-minded Anti-Johnson Tories can get together and form a new Party so removing his majority, then they might just do that. I'm thinking of the Old School One Nation lot but haven't really looked at the numbers to see if it's even possible

• Like 1

Some MPs have already said they'll voluntarily become independent MPs and others that they'll trigger by-elections if it's Johnson

In other news the LibDems have said that the Tories should block Johnson standing. Er no you dickheads, he'll gain your party seats.

I'm also beginning to think that if they do elect Johnson and enough similar-minded Anti-Johnson Tories can get together and form a new Party so removing his majority, then they might just do that. I'm thinking of the Old School One Nation lot but haven't really looked at the numbers to see if it's even possible

They could call themselves ‘The Even More Independent Group For Change’ 🤔

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, bickster said:

So despite some being scared of the prospect him reinvigorating them, Johnson becoming leader is the absolute best result for those that want to see the back of the Tories sooner rather than later.

3 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

So despite some being scared of the prospect him reinvigorating them, Johnson becoming leader is the absolute best result for those that want to see the back of the Tories sooner rather than later.

That's my opinion, most definitely. He's absolutely toxic

Â