The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

11 minutes ago, flamingsombrero said:

Someone didn't watch the video :crylaugh:

I came into office at a time of great economic and international instability. Families and businesses were worried about how to pay their bills. Putin's illegal war in Ukraine threatens the security of our whole continent. And our country has been held back for too long by low economic growth.

I was elected by the Conservative party with a mandate to change this. We delivered on energy bills and on cutting national insurance. And we set out a vision for a low tax high growth economy that would take advantage of the freedoms of Brexit.

I recognise though, given the situation, I cannot deliver the mandate on which I was elected by the Conservative Party. I have therefore spoken to His Majesty the King to notify him that I am resigning as leader of the Conservative Party.

Paraphasing; What I did was right. I was prevented from delivering. 

She has absolutely no shame. 

Similar in that regard to Boris. She's one of those horrible people who when they introduce themselves say 'one thing you should know about me, I never apologise. It's just who I am.' 

• Confused 1

If Boris does run, it will be hard to shake off the idea in my head that this was a way he saw that he could ride out the scandal that brought him down. 

Perhaps I'm giving him too much credit. I'm giving him too much credit aren't I? 

Just now, HKP90 said:

If Boris does run, it will be hard to shake off the idea in my head that this was a way he saw that he could ride out the scandal that brought him down. 

Perhaps I'm giving him too much credit. I'm giving him too much credit aren't I? 

Nah, it was widely reported at the time. He always intended to come back, probably just not this quickly

• Like 1

Just now, Davkaus said:

Nah, it was widely reported at the time. He always intended to come back, probably just not this quickly

Far too much credit. He has never planned anything more than 1 day in advance.

Just now, HKP90 said:

He's still under investigation by a Parliamentary committee for that scandal, which could see him lose his seat. Good luck riding that out. 

14 minutes ago, juanpabloangel18 said:

Does anyone still think we'd be in a worse position under a Labour Corbyn Government?

No, but that'll still be the line of defence for people that voted for this shower in 2019

3 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Paraphasing; What I did was right. I was prevented from delivering. 

She has absolutely no shame. 

Similar in that regard to Boris. She's one of those horrible people who when they introduce themselves say 'one thing you should know about me, I never apologise. It's just who I am.' 

Ignore all that.... watch. the. video.

You might be pleasantly suprised. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ml1dch said:

He's still under investigation by a Parliamentary committee for that scandal, which could see him lose his seat. Good luck riding that out. 

Can you say he's the lesser of two evils, when he is part of the crew that engineered the evils in the first place?  

1 minute ago, ml1dch said:

That is ultimately what will stop him coming back now. It would be more uncertainty and a continuation of the chaos we have seen under him previously and Truss. 

1 minute ago, HKP90 said:

Can you say he's the lesser of two evils, when he is part of the crew that engineered the evils in the first place?  

The man who got Brexit done, by “done” it means lead the country to the biggest act of self harm in history.

We’ll be suffering his actions for decades. 

If he gets a second shot then there are no words left.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, flamingsombrero said:

Ignore all that.... watch. the. video.

You might be pleasantly suprised. 

I don't get what you are driving at. I've watched it several times. It is just her saying the words I quoted. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Genie said:

The man who got Brexit done, by “done” it means lead the country to the biggest act of self harm in history.

We’ll be suffering his actions for decades. 

If he gets a second shot then there are no words left.

In fairness this all comes down to the poor judgment of Cameron, not Boris. He misjudged the nation, and thought we'd vote against, and the country has been on fire ever since.  

• Like 1

Just now, HKP90 said:

I don't get what you are driving at. I've watched it several times. It is just her saying the words I quoted. 

Of course you don't get it, because you haven't watched it. Not that it was that difficult to work out from the tweet.

1 minute ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Of course you don't get it, because you haven't watched it. Not that it was that difficult to work out from the tweet.

Ahhhhhh the original tweet, sorry my bad. I thought by watch the video, it meant the video of Truss resigning. My bad, everyone, my very bad. 

(see apologising isn't that difficult!)

• Like 1

Â